• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

machski

Awesome day, Long Trail hike to Castlerock is a snap, awesome snow over there (lower 1/3 it gets heavy but still nice). Open stuff off Bravo and Heaven's Gate is "well skied" now. Still some nice turns, hope one knows how to make turns on the tops of bumps rather than just in the troughs. If so, a ton of fun to be had!!
1000003250.jpg
1000003247.jpg

VTSkiBike

Had an impossibly awesome day yesterday at the Bush. Snuck into Castlerock an half hour early thanks to patrol giving us the thumbs up, got fresh light pow down run Lift Line and spent the rest of the day finding untracked in all the right spots. Too bad about this weekend's forecast, it's been a nice little stretch.

Hawk

Had an impossibly awesome day yesterday at the Bush. Snuck into Castlerock an half hour early thanks to patrol giving us the thumbs up, got fresh light pow down run Lift Line and spent the rest of the day finding untracked in all the right spots. Too bad about this weekend's forecast, it's been a nice little stretch.
This weekend is just a little hicup. Next week will turns things around. The forecast is for more snow. This is exactly why I wish they just waited on opening up things so fast. The warm up this weekend coupled with more snow next week would have cemented everything in and we would not have seen a rock until April.

VTSkiBike

This weekend is just a little hicup. Next week will turns things around. The forecast is for more snow. This is exactly why I wish they just waited on opening up things so fast. The warm up this weekend coupled with more snow next week would have cemented everything in and we would not have seen a rock until April.

True. It is looking like late Sunday-Monday could make up for any rain this weekend. Just hope the forecast swings in our favor.

cdskier

Hah...I saw that post. That guy's an idiot... Clearly doesn't understand the Sugarbush way... If you don't like the way a trail looks, don't ski it. No reason to complain on social media about a resort having terrain with thin cover open. Maybe that guy needs to go to Okemo...

Only thing worse than that post itself is the people commenting on it saying SB is going to get sued for having those trails opened!

Hawk

I have to admit, I skied lower birdland yesterday morning. It was skiable for the most part but I had on 5 yo rock skis and really didnt care. Yup there is not much left this morning on most of the non snow making trails. Hope this snow comes in.

cdskier

one of the big downsides of ikon era sugarbush is the presence of people like david hill who cannot hang and who bitch about the best terrain opening policy in skiing

Exactly...you get all these people new to Sugarbush recently that are clueless about the type of resort Sugarbush actually is. I'd be perfectly content with people like him staying away.

cdskier

Mr Hill needs a reminder of what “Thin cover” means. I am sure there was a sign noting this fact before full commitment required.

I'll never understand people that see signs that say "thin cover" and then ski the trail anyway and complain "I can't believe the cover was actually thin". I've seen/heard that complaint before as well. Not sure why people don't believe the warnings...