• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Orca

What are you Hawk’s lawyer or something? The creep factor is that he was discussing and verifying a 14 year olds age with “someone that knows him”. Unless he lied and just used the info shared in the post then sorry Hawk you’re not a creep, just a liar.

Lots of elbows in your post. Imagine that Hawk and Win had a chance meeting and conversation, and Teddy came up in the course of it. Maybe Win even brought him up saying Teddy is a nice kid and means well. That is normal, ordinary stuff. But you, you are so certain Hawk is either a creep or a liar. I hope you are as hard on yourself as you are on others.

djd66

Read back a few pages. SB87 published his own age and background. It would help to be informed before venturing an opinion accusing someone of being creepy.

Yes, he did announce his age. Then creepy old man went around investigate to confirm his age and made the announcement to this forum.

I honestly have never seen so many whacked out people. Is it that you can post anonymous?

I have said it before and will say it again, this kid is 14 years old,... why do you old men feel the need to pick on him?

Street Skier is calling him a nerd,.... other guys are swearing at him. What is it with you guys? Did you get picked on as a kid and you want to show you inner bully by picking on some kid in an Internet forum???

I have a 14 year old son, I would be pissed off to all hell if someone ever called my kid a nerd.

Seriously guys,... think about what you are saying and who you are saying it to. Then maybe go look up cyber bullying.

bdfreetuna

Street Skier is calling him a nerd,....

I have a 14 year old son, I would be pissed off to all hell if someone ever called my kid a nerd.

Seriously guys,... think about what you are saying and who you are saying it to. Then maybe go look up cyber bullying.

I didn't think "nerd" was even on the spectrum of outdated insults nobody cares about. If your 14 yr old isn't called worse than that on a regular basis, well maybe you've done a good job as a parent.

I was on mountain bike forums very similar but more popular than this at age 14 and got my ass handed to me on a regular basis, still kept coming back for more. Some things don't change. But you don't use your age as a shield either... you want to duke it out with a bunch of stressed out, alcoholic, partially insane middle aged boomers already on their 3rd knee -- good luck!

Orca

Yes, he did announce his age. Then creepy old man went around investigate to confirm his age and made the announcement to this forum.

I honestly have never seen so many whacked out people. Is it that you can post anonymous?

I have said it before and will say it again, this kid is 14 years old,... why do you old men feel the need to pick on him?

Street Skier is calling him a nerd,.... other guys are swearing at him. What is it with you guys? Did you get picked on as a kid and you want to show you inner bully by picking on some kid in an Internet forum???

Two separable things:
1. Hawk is old creepy man: No evidence to suggest such a thing, just insinuations.
2. SB87 has been treated poorly: Certainly true at least in some posts, but not in others, which pretty much makes him like everyone else on the forum. We all get some unfair and baseless shots leveled at us. For example, Hawk is a recipient of that right now.

I'd argue there is tremendous merit in decorum and restraint. Perhaps we can each challenge ourselves to quietly do better, give each other more of the benefit of the doubt, avoid ad hominem assaults, indulge in less virtue-signaling outrage, and offer fewer sanctimonious censures. Maybe a modicum of politeness could ensue. You know, it is said that rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

STREETSKIER

550138c8ebd68682a93b8500a90a346b.jpg

Did seven runs from the cat this am with a core local crew two other guests who could rip
Thanks to our guide Ben and driver Tom cat basically go any where you want just don’t go near the cat and beat it down the run which is easy
Did woods and trails ended it with a run in slide that was truly epic
I apologized to sb14 I like him he’s an intelligent young man I try to be nice sometimes it’s hard especially with people who aren’t even regulars telling me how it is !!my relationship with weekend go getters is great I respect there skiing passion I’ve givin up being a crusty local Cant Win the battle so I just do my thing I m on here because I like to talk about the mountain I chose as my home Sorry to offend anyone. thanks
Probably stood right next to me if you’re out early. The next Dick that gives me shit I’m going to bitch slap Oops there’s that old me surfacing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griswold

Lots of elbows in your post. Imagine that Hawk and Win had a chance meeting and conversation, and Teddy came up in the course of it. Maybe Win even brought him up saying Teddy is a nice kid and means well. That is normal, ordinary stuff. But you, you are so certain Hawk is either a creep or a liar. I hope you are as hard on yourself as you are on others.

This is the only scenario where it’s not a little creepy and weird and if this is the case, would have read much better to have said that instead of the anonymous “someone who knows him”.

Even saying “he reads a lot” seems odd to me given they don’t know each other at all. I am not going to look back and see if Teddy himself said he reads a lot, but if he didn’t and this is known to Hawk though whatever means he has received his Teddy knowledge through then sorry, it’s creepy.

Hawk has made no attempt to clarify his comment, not that he needs to, but until he does my opinion of the situation will not change.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

I really do not want to get into this conversation. But I know both and love the passions they both have in their own way for our Sugarbush. They are both very good people as are all the others I know who contribute to the conversations.As said earlier, when I move onto a third career I too will become an anonymous member of The Sugarbush Thread.

thebigo

We were planning on k spring passes to cover nh april vacation week but looks like ikon covers this april at sb, next year early season at sr, next nh april vacation at sb and next may at k. Need to sell wife on a family vacation at sb, last week of april into may. Seven year old and I will ski, old lady and three year old will swim.

Is there any reason to believe that sb will not be open the last week of april?
Are there any other family activities near sb? Minigolf? Arcade? Bowling? Museum?
What about restaurants? Nothing fancy, local beer, wings, nachos and kids food.

tumbler

Enough already analyzing this. The kids spends more time at SB than 95% of you so you know nothing. Can we stop with this shit? Skiing great. You losers not here.

skiur

The creepy thing is that 3 pages later people are still discussing it. Skiing was great today, people need to grow up and I ain't talking about SB87

WWF-VT

Did the 8:00 - 3:30 shift today at Lincoln Peak and skiing was fun. Two early laps off HG including Paradise and still got in the first wave on Castlerock. Lots of great bumps where you expect them and fun skiing where they weren't including Castlerock Run, Middle Earth, Moonshine and Lower Twist. Spillsville and Cotillion were peaking today.

Slidebrook87

Did the 8:00 - 3:30 shift today at Lincoln Peak and skiing was fun. Two early laps off HG including Paradise and still got in the first wave on Castlerock. Lots of great bumps where you expect them and fun skiing where they weren't including Castlerock Run, Middle Earth, Moonshine and Lower Twist. Spillsville and Cotillion were peaking today.

The only bad runs I did were Sleeper Chutes and Sunrise. Both were extremely icy. Other than that, prime conditions were everywhere. Organgrinder, Spillsville and Spin Out were all great. So glad Brambles wasn’t closed for no reason like it often is. It skied great today. Can GMVS only close it when they’re actually doing racing?? Half the time it is closed even when they’re not racing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orca

This is the only scenario where it’s not a little creepy and weird and if this is the case, would have read much better to have said that instead of the anonymous “someone who knows him”.

Even saying “he reads a lot” seems odd to me given they don’t know each other at all. I am not going to look back and see if Teddy himself said he reads a lot, but if he didn’t and this is known to Hawk though whatever means he has received his Teddy knowledge through then sorry, it’s creepy.

Hawk has made no attempt to clarify his comment, not that he needs to, but until he does my opinion of the situation will not change.

Jeez, Grizz. Give it up. So certain of yourself on such scant information. Did you read Win's comments? There is nothing to it. Hawk is OK. SB87 is OK. Let it go.

Griswold

Jeez, Grizz. Give it up. So certain of yourself on such scant information. Did you read Win's comments? There is nothing to it. Hawk is OK. SB87 is OK. Let it go.

It would have been over after my first post if you didn’t feel the need to stick your nose in it. Feel free to take your own advice and give it a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Zermatt

Haven't read through all 7,000+ posts in this thread but does Sugarbush use alternate facts to define their 4,000 acres of skiable terrain.

I mean that's quite impressive compared to the tiny 2,500 acres of Jackson Hole or the mediocre 3,100 acres at Revelstoke. Maybe it was the elevation change getting to me, but I could swear a run like Pitch Black at Revy (one cut trail) could easily fit every single cut trail at SB within it.