• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Season trips and outings

bvibert

Staff member
awf170 said:
nice so do u have a schedule for these shows for around the boston area?

Last year they didn't release any info until August sometime I think.

bvibert

Staff member
Bob R said:
Truth time here for me as well. Cannon's location is great for me also. I'm up in that area with my family the western Mass areas and Ny are a long ride for me considering I have a mountain play ground in my back yard. Ya I sound spoiled, but I made it that way by my choice. I have alot invested in the White's emotionally and yes $$$$$ An ASC trip Booth Creek trip and Cannon are easy day trips.

Perfectly understandable that you guys wouldn't want to drive AWAY from the mountains to go skiing. ;) Hopefully someday I'll have the same problem... :)

Brian if we do like a midweek day like we did at Magic I could make that, weekends are more local if I have an option. Religious education classes church stuff like that. I usually find a way to get to outings if i have enough time to plan. And ya I like living in Nh. :beer:

dmc

Bob R said:
I don't want to be the boss or put pressure. I like to ski hang out and meet new friends and continue on relationships previous built... and still no politics.

There's no room for politics while skiing..

I'm psyched to hook up with you this winter...
Is it winter yet?

Vortex

dmc said:
Bob R said:
I don't want to be the boss or put pressure. I like to ski hang out and meet new friends and continue on relationships previous built... and still no politics.

There's no room for politics while skiing..

I'm psyched to hook up with you this winter...
Is it winter yet?

We have reciprocated offers, just neither of us has taken the other up yet. Next seasons list of stuff to do. :idea:

Greg

Staff member
Great thread and a super way to keep us all thinking about what's really important during these hot summer days. With that said, my participation this season may be somewhat limited. My wife is pregnant with our second child and is due towards the second half of January (another winter baby!). Anyway, my ski season will probably be November-December and March-April. With a day trip or two maybe peppered in the middle there. I'd definitely be up for a Hunter trip. That's a great early season option. I'm also going to try to hit K for early season this year and I'd also be up for a Jiminy or Beast gathering. Of course, I'll probably take some turns with bvibert in CT as well. Beyond that, I can't commit to much. Sugarloaf/Raggae is hopefully still up for negotiation with the "Boss". ;)

Vortex

Greg That being said..... The Hunter option and the Beast may be areas I could use help in. I know we have a good base in that region and proof that these areas are active,because of past history.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Of course, I'll probably take some turns with bvibert in CT as well. Beyond that, I can't commit to much...

Sounds like a plan to me! I was wondering how much skiing you'd be getting in this year with the new baby coming along, heck I'm wondering how much I'll get in and mine will be 6 months old by then...

Bob R said:
Greg That being said..... The Hunter option and the Beast may be areas I could use help in. I know we have a good base in that region and proof that these areas are active,because of past history.

Bob, I'll be happy to help out however I can.

Vortex

Brian I knew you would help again, kind of counting on it. Thankx in advance.

I agreed to do this also knowing that there was a good group to help. I use to do this as a job and I don't want it to be a job again.
Everything seems to be going fine. Responses to the thread have been great.

loafer89

I would surely be interested in an opening weekend at Killington, as this will probably be my first tracks of the year.

My family and I are planning to go up again to K-Mart for Thanskiving weekend (read zoo)if anyone wants to get together then.

With the purchase of the ASC bronze pass, I fear that about 90% of my skiing will be at their properties next season :cry: :cry:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
Great thread and a super way to keep us all thinking about what's really important during these hot summer days. With that said, my participation this season may be somewhat limited. My wife is pregnant with our second child and is due towards the second half of January (another winter baby!). Anyway, my ski season will probably be November-December and March-April. With a day trip or two maybe peppered in the middle there. I'd definitely be up for a Hunter trip. That's a great early season option. I'm also going to try to hit K for early season this year and I'd also be up for a Jiminy or Beast gathering. Of course, I'll probably take some turns with bvibert in CT as well. Beyond that, I can't commit to much. Sugarloaf/Raggae is hopefully still up for negotiation with the "Boss". ;)
Congrats Greg.... :beer: :beer: remember two is twice the work. :wink: I remember you mentioning on the chair at the loaf about having another baby. I am also in for quick day trips in CT and Jiminy.

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
since when allskiing a moderator... congrats anyway :D
Since about 30 seconds before you posted. Not even sure he knows officially yet. ;)

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
loafer89 said:
What area(s) would be visited in CT?
Sun down is an easy trip for us when you just feel like you have to ski.
Both Sundown and Mohawk will soon be within 25 minutes of me. I'm sure we'll see bvibert at any CT gatherings as well.

Vortex

ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
loafer89 said:
What area(s) would be visited in CT?
Sun down is an easy trip for us when you just feel like you have to ski.
Both Sundown and Mohawk will soon be within 25 minutes of me.
25 min..nice.I think you moved just to be closer to the ski areas. :lol:

Dave change the Avatar we will have no Summer Moderator avatars. :wink: