• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Mountain 1-24-09

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: Saturday 1/24/09

Resort or Ski Area: Loon Mountain, NH

Conditions: PP, Some Scraped, 30's, 20's and then teens!

Trip Report: Today I made my way back up to Loon today for a great day in the snow. I arrived early, to make sure I got close to first tracks, with the lifts turning at 8am-ish. After snagging a parking spot by the Kanc Quad, I jumped immediately into the singles line to warm up on Rampasture, Blue Ox and Lower Northstar (Upper was closed for racing). After getting nice and loose, I headed over to the North Peak quad, where temps were plummeting. I took a couple of runs down Flume and Walking the Boss (both upper and lower). Good stuff, although hard packed and thin in spots on lower flume and bumps on skier's left. I also hit up some of south peak, for Boom Run, Cruiser and Ripsaw. Finished up the day making my way back over to Loon Peak, where I skied blues for the rest of the day. Great day, crowds manageable and a good day all around!