• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Michigan in my rear view mirror!

Trekchick

I know you're going to call me a tease, and perhaps you're correct :)
I left Michigan at 3 PM on Wednesday for a road trip to Colorado. Keystone, Copper, Winter Park, and Abasin are among the resorts on my list.......Its 10 - ish AM (home time) 8 ish Colorado time and we're within 45 minutes of my SIL's house, which is 20 min from skiing!

May this be the trip report that you all drool over!
Pics to follow!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I fixed it but you caught me before I did... I have no idea what month it is. :oops: :lol:

Are you going to the Summit, too? You're my hero!!!!

Trekchick

I fixed it but you caught me before I did... I have no idea what month it is. :oops: :lol:

Are you going to the Summit, too? You're my hero!!!!
I had planned on going to the diva summit and still hope to make it for part of it.

I have bigger plans at the end of March at Big Sky!!!

Trekchick

Keystone was our first stop on the Colorado tour, since Eldora was closed for wind hold on Thursday.
We were greeted with beautiful groomers for our warm up runs on the front side, but were pleasantly surprised that the outback had some freshies!!
We did a little hike to skiing and found the real stashes in the North Bowl.......
(didn't take a lot of pics, but you'll get the idea with a few)
Robyn with a reason to smile!
n830505017_5593119_626.jpg

Robyn and Pinto, Lovin the trees with the freshies!
n830505017_5593120_856.jpg

More to come :)

Thanks for readin' :)

Trekchick

Sorry for the delay, but I was having too much fun and didn't take much time to post TR's

We didn't take many pics of skiing because we rarely stopped from the amazing skiing, but here are a few that may interest you!

Copper Mt, we met up with UGASkiDawg and his kids. Severine may recognize him as the guy who owns the condo where we stayed last may.
His daughter Miss O has Type 1 Diabetes, and she gets out there with her little sister Alex almost every day.
O is 6, A is 4!!!

I wish I had gotten video of these kid s and their parallel turns!!!
Here is Lil O challenging Mr TC to a race.
IIRC, she beat him :)
1000x640px-LL-100_1571.JPG

The pictures that will interest the guys of AZ most, Outhouse at Mary Jane!
To answer your question, Yes I did ski it, and surprisingly enough I did okay. :)
n830505017_5651173_495.jpg

n830505017_5651172_229.jpg

Pinto in the glades at Keystone
n830505017_5651174_753.jpg

I was going to take an easy groomer to cool down on our last run of the vacation, but there was a tasty section of easy bumps that were too delicious to pass up.
Life is Good!!!

Trekchick

Cool pics I love the glades pic

Glad you guys had a great time . Man those glades look fantastic - i'm envious :D

The Glades were one of many highlights of the trip. I have to say, though, that there were many photo opportunities missed because we were having so much fun skiing that the camera didn't come out.

What a great trip!
:beer: