• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Copper Mountain. Presidents Week. A Season in 4 Days

snoseek

These pics make me miss that good dry consistent rocky mountain pow.

Cannonball

Skied Copper same week. We were there a bit longer and skied Tues-Friday & Sunday with my 16 year old sons and 75 year old parents. Resort was tremendous, plenty of terrain to make everyone happy. Weather was great. I personally had a very difficult time with the altitude ( literally almost passed out in the middle of a first day decent in the Copper bowl), probably tried to to do too much too soon. My boys had a blast in the bowls while I headed down to the easier trails ( didn't make it back there until my last day when I finally was feeling normal). Luckily my boys can ski on their own and I barely saw them the rest of the trip. NH skiing is never going to be satisfying for them again. I attached a few more pics. Also, there was almost no people there. Tues- Thursday we never saw a lift line and many runs we owned the trail. If was a little busier on Friday, took Saturday off and very small lines on Sunday. We stayed in Center Village near the American Eagle lift which is mostly blue trails. It was a challenge for my parents to get over to the east side where most of the green trails are so if any goes there with beginners staying in the East Village area would have been easier.

View attachment 19213

View attachment 19211

View attachment 19212

View attachment 19214

Nice! I forgot to mention the lack of crowds. We stood in one 5min wait on Sunday at the American Eagle. Otherwise it was ski-on every time. A lift line might have been a welcome break with the altitude!

powhunter

Nice report CB! Touring summit Cty next week and copper is on the list. Hopefully we will get a few 3-4" blasts while we are out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk