• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG done for season?

JerseyJoey

Ugh. NWS is now forecasting 0.5-1 inch rain Friday (in addition to a little bit today) and they're no longer talking about possible wraparound snow but more showers into Sat a.m. Strong southeasterly wind today and Friday too. Doesn't look like a miracle is in the offing for Saturday. Sunday still looks better for places that still have base.

I definitely got spoiled by the last two Aprils.

You ain't kdding. MRG was the shizzle last April. Great corn skiing and perfect sunny weather. Ma nature screwed us out of it this year. We'll get it back for next season. Keep the faith.

loafer89

When I was there last Wednesday there were big bumps on skiers left of Rockefellers with one burned out patch in the middle. Don't know how much of that is left now and if so whether the bumps could be flattened there just to provide a ribbon down.

Meanwhile at the MRG weather page Roger Hill is now saying MRG could see 2-5" of snow by Sunday morning ... seems like a real long shot and still maybe too little too late but with some luck maybe we could see a positive surprise here.

In any event, if MRG can't make it this weekend I'm scheming about possibly paying my first-ever visit to Burke on Sunday, which sounds like it'll be the nicer of the weekend days anyway.

Rockefellers was down to dirt in the middle of the trail on saturday afternoon with small moguls on skiers right and some larger ones on the left. They could flatten them and bring some snow up or down the run, but Easy Does It needs alot of snow to make it skiable from top to bottom and the rain will not help.

My 0.2 is that they are done for the season. Last weekend was fun while it lasted and Sugarbush still has tons of snow for an alternative. We may be up there on sunday.

JerseyJoey

Same here... :(

Next year you two. We'll meet up at MRG for an AZ day or 3. Mark it down. I'm sure Greg and Allskiing will be there as well, and maybe some others from here. Maybe even GSS and Highway Star.

We could have a ski off:

Catamount Bowl>>Catamount>>Lynx>>Beaver

Last one down buys happy hour.

icedtea

you figure that Powdr wanting purchases for next season in by April 30, they will make every attempt to stay open at least until then.

Geoff

you figure that Powdr wanting purchases for next season in by April 30, they will make every attempt to stay open at least until then.

+1

...but expect the month of April to be austerity mode. Rams Head and Skyeship Stage 1 are already done for the year. The Bear quad is already closed midweek. Bear, Needles Eye, and Southridge (if you duck the rope to ski Breakaway) will be gone after Sunday. I'd be surprised if they ran Snowshed or Snowdon past Easter Sunday. On April 13th, I'm expecting the KBL, the K1, and Superstar. They'll probably run the place midweek with 20 people between base lodge services, lifts, and ski patrol.