• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

November 10th and 11th - Boston

Jaytrek57

If you don't mind tenting...you can stay at our place (campsite). 20 minutes outside Boston, Blue Hills.

SilentCal and Magic has been there so they can vouch I'm not an axe murder (well not convicted :wink: )

Peace.

ctenidae

Work schmirk. AZ is clearly more important. Who needs a paycheck, anyway?

Watcha doin' in Boston, Brettski? Huh huh huh? Anything fun?

Vortex

I got him the Pm out and forgot to move the thread. Well you get what you pay for.
I work know play time is coming in exactly 1 month.
Truth be know I could not remember where the thread was when I came back to move it.

ChileMass

The closest T stop to Burlington is probably the Mishawum station in Woburn on the commuter line (purple line). Woburn is the town next to Burlington - only about 10 minutes away. See www.mbta.com. For some reason, Burlington itself gets missed by T train service. I'm guessing there's also bus service from the South Station or Back Bay Amtrak stations.

There are a lot of hotels on Routes 3 and 3A around the Burlington mall. You should be able to find a reasonable one easily on Yahoo or Google.

ctenidae

Check out Salem on the Purple Line, or even Somerville on the Red line- prices shouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure there's an abandoned crack house out in Deadchester or Murderpan with easy access to the orange line, too.

NHpowderhound

Last March I did an entertainment.com and hotels.com search and got two nights at the Hyatt for something like $89 per night. It's right in downtown :D and about a five minute walk to the T. Had a blast! Couldnt belive Fanuiel Hall stops serving food at 10pm on a friday night :eek: !
((*
*))NHPH

Vortex

I just got a great deal on a room on priceline.com (not in the boston area though.) Just you have to be flexible and the deals are great. No cancelation options. Anyway downtown buffalo on a Sat night got a suite for $35 a night.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Check out Salem on the Purple Line, or even Somerville on the Red line- prices shouldn't be too bad.
:eek: i used to live in salem. hotels in october get top $$$ because it's tourist season down there. avoid salem during this time of year at all costs if you are looking for cheap lodging, heh.

boston has an HI hostel near fenway park. used to be a hojo's actually, right next to BU. never checked into the rates, but i would be willing to bet it's the cheapest in beantown. check out hostel international's web site for more details.

kickstand

Brettski said:
Is there a T that runs out to Burlington?

there are buses that go to Burlington, but no T or commuter line. I know the 354 ends in Burlington, and I think the 350 goes from Alewife, up 3A to the Burlington mall. There may be 1 or 2 more bus routes up there. Depending on where in the city you want to go and what your schedule is should help determine how to get there.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
I'm looking at the Marriott in Burlington $99

Just booked it...rollaway at no charge, and I can upgrade to a full breakfast buffet for $20.00 for the 5 of us...remember, my son is 5' 9" now....

Looks like the commuter rail is in woburn

kickstand

Brettski said:
I'm looking at the Marriott in Burlington $99

Just booked it...rollaway at no charge, and I can upgrade to a full breakfast buffet for $20.00 for the 5 of us...remember, my son is 5' 9" now....

Looks like the commuter rail is in woburn

I used to hang out in their pub after work from time to time with old work friends. Used to be called Diamonds. Not sure what it is now.

Both the 350 and the 351 go right by the Marriott and take you to Alewife. Not sure if you'll have a rental car, but the Marriott might have a shuttle service to Anderson, since it's also a Logan Express location.

kickstand

I'm surprised they don't have some sort of shuttle, even if it's only during certain hours. Unless you are going to your sister-in-law's first, taking Cambridge St into Winchester to go to Anderson is the loooong way.

That's right. Seeing the pictures I remember going there once a couple of years ago.