• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre closing tomorrow?? 4/5??

Rob A

Wasn't expecting this! I have 1 voucher left from the 4 buy 4 pack I bought on opening weekend and planned on using it next weekend (they originally said they would stay open till apr 12 or 19). Now http://belleayre.com reads:

IT'S SNOWING AGAIN AT BELLEAYRE!
BELLEAYRE MOUNTAIN LAST DAY BLOWOUT. LIFT TICKETS ARE ONLY $20 ON SUNDAY APRIL 5, 2009
JOIN US FOR THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON AT OUR LONG DRIVE CONTEST.

What happened? I'm pretty sure I can't get out tomorrow, that'll put my voucher to waste, just great.

Rambo

I'll bet Belleayre has a ton of base on many trails BUT not enough skiers are showing up to justify remaining open. SAD INDEED!!

still good they made April with the budget cuts...This was my first season in the past 5 years I didn't make it there. All the hype about lifts and trails not opening this year kept me away..

Rob A

Well I'm gonna make the trip up tomorrow, I hate to see them close, but atleast I'll make a few more turns before it's all over. Odds are my season will end tomorrow.

Rob A

Had a blast today, felt like winter, cold and foggy in the morning and snowing on the access road even. Snow was in surprisingly good shape, and place was deserted for most of the day. I think I may have been the only one on the tomahawk side from 9-10am. Dot Nebel was fantastic.

Bell has a ton of snow, shame to see them close so soon.

ta&idaho

bummer...I was hoping to make it up there for a day this spring and make it 4/4 in the catskills this year

Rambo

bummer...I was hoping to make it up there for a day this spring and make it 4/4 in the catskills this year

Well - Hunter is supposed to re-open Friday & Sat:

We (Hunter Mountain) will be closing mid-week, Monday-Thursday, April 6-9, and will reopen for Friday (Family Day) and Saturday ($19.59 lift ticket special). Come spend the last days of the 08/09 season here with us on April 10 & 11!

ERJ-145CA

It looks like my season is really over, I was hoping to get to Belleayre or Hunter either tomorrow or on the 13th but now that Bell is closed and Hunter is only open Friday and Saturday I'm out of luck because of work and family. Oh well, it was a great season.