• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rossi B2 vs. K2 Apache Recon

RossiSkier

batman said:
RossiSkier said:
Last year's B2's are different from this year's. This years B2 became last years B3. Last year's B2's became this years B1, etc. Now they're all midfats and fatties. Point being is that now it's a different ski.

Hmm, interesting. I'm fairly certain I skied on the 2005/06 B2s because it was a vendor demo day and it was in April (where there was snow at Whistler!). It would be highly unlikely that they would have the old stock for people to try. Most wouldn't buy skis at that time of year, but probably in the following season - like me.

I found a shop that is selling the K2 Recon (including IBX12) for about $150 less than the Rossi B2s. If I go with K2, this will be my first pair of non-Rossi skis!

Oh ok. It's so early in the season I thought you had skied on the latter year's model. Like I said, go for the best value. If that's the K2's, then God bless you. Get 'em and go rip.

batman

I did it! Last week, I got the K2 Apache Recon!!! 167cm with Marker IBX12. There was a good deal at one of the local ski shops. They were $150 less than the Rossi B2!

I tried them out on Saturday. Turning was effortless. They were extremely stable at all speeds (the B2s were not good at higher speeds), super grippy, great on the hard pack and in the crud too! I haven't tried them on powder of off piste yet, but I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised!

The strangest thing was the lack of chatter or vibration in the skis! They are very quiet! I thought they were amazing! They Rip! :D

Thanks for all of your advice! :beer: