• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iwon't formerly known as OldsnowboarderME

I can drink just about one of them...a little too think for me.

Very flavorful however.
It is meant to be a sipping beverage enjoyed over a period of time. I can only consume one an evening when I am having one. I am on call this weekend so I can not have one.:sad:
On the other end I have some lennie's Sunset wheat.

It is meant to be a sipping beverage enjoyed over a period of time. I can only consume one an evening when I am having one. I am on call this weekend so I can not have one.:sad:
On the other end I have some lennie's Sunset wheat.

The sunset wheat is pretty popular around these parts...thanks iwon't..it's only 946AM and I'm already thinking about beer..it's 5 o'clock somewhere in eastern Europe

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Cricket. I've been away the last few days and only just saw this thread. My heart goes out to you.

Agreed.

Usually I just dismiss GSS's tacky conduct but not this time. Whether a community is virtual or physical, the rules of conduct are pretty much the same. Harshing out on someone who is clearly having hard time and then bares his soul to his friends is shameful.

Apparently you figured wrong.

I know you think it's all in good fun, but others obviously don't.

More others than I think you realize.

Maybe you ought to give the man some credit for standing up and baring his soul here. That takes some guts.

And maybe you ought to be a little contrite and take it more seriously that you caused him some pain.
+1

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I always knew you were good people, Jerry, no question in my mind, for whatever that's worth. If you're reinventing the way you communicate with people to better your relationships, then I'm with you 100%. I say good for you. It looks to me like you're just dumping a persona gone awry, and now we get to see who you really are. But I've known the exceptional content of your character all along, the bitter facade didn't fool me.

Cheers, and best wishes.

MRGisevil

Whatever anger or hostility there was, I never saw it. Then again, I hold a keen fondness for you and perhaps that blinded me to your true feelings. I hope you know all the playing around was all in fun. I always pick on the people I like best. Stay strong, dude- we love you-!

I always knew you were good people, Jerry, no question in my mind, for whatever that's worth. If you're reinventing the way you communicate with people to better your relationships, then I'm with you 100%. I say good for you. It looks to me like you're just dumping a persona gone awry, and now we get to see who you really are. But I've known the exceptional content of your character all along, the bitter facade didn't fool me.

Cheers, and best wishes.
Oh, no more Marc jokes either .. I think they get a little demeaning at times. And your right on the mark about me too.

Whatever anger or hostility there was, I never saw it. Then again, I hold a keen fondness for you and perhaps that blinded me to your true feelings. I hope you know all the playing around was all in fun. I always pick on the people I like best. Stay strong, dude- we love you-!
You never saw it because you always knew I was just a big teddy bear at heart.

Riverskier

What about Iwill..is that you as well..anyway I think it's lame that you changed your screen-name. Wow..I'm thinking about seeing a therapist as well..because when I close my eyes at night all I see is:beer::spread::argue::daffy: Sorry to hear about your dog..

Sorry if my posts bothered you in any way..I figured all the bickering back and forth was in good fun...but Jerry..hopefully life treats you well..don't be too polite..then this site will be boring..

What I am I missing here people? This post seemed lighthearted, humorous, and he seemed to, in a sincere way, apologize for any offense and wished him well. Lighten up people!!!

MRGisevil

What I am I missing here people? This post seemed lighthearted, humorous, and he seemed to, in a sincere way, apologize for any offense and wished him well. Lighten up people!!!

Agreed... I thought Dougie was being pretty classy, in his own Steezey way.

deadheadskier

Staff member
differences of opinion on the post highlights the difference between perception and intent.

Given the forum of someone opening up like iwont did, I think it's appropriate to use restraint when making comments like 'what you did was lame' or overall attempts at humor.

MRGisevil

differences of opinion on the post highlights the difference between perception and intent.

Given the forum of someone opening up like iwont did, I think it's appropriate to use restraint when making comments like 'what you did was lame' or overall attempts at humor.

Pay attention to their relationship. II think everyone needs to take it in the context of Jerry and Doug's relationship with one another, which is remarkably like that of uncle and nephew or similar. Doug wasn't just insulting some random forumer, he was chiding family. Families kid around. I feel Doug was showing us how close he is with Jerry by keeping his response humorous and light. If Id opened up to my brother Id expect him to be the same way. Perhaps we can't understand their bond, but we aren't meant to. And besides, if Jerry was not offended by Doug's post that just means everyone else is just casting stones at a glass house.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pay attention to their relationship. II think everyone needs to take it in the context of Jerry and Doug's relationship with one another, which is remarkably like that of uncle and nephew or similar. Doug wasn't just insulting some random forumer, he was chiding family. Families kid around. I feel Doug was showing us how close he is with Jerry by keeping his response humorous and light. If Id opened up to my brother Id expect him to be the same way. Perhaps we can't understand their bond, but we aren't meant to. And besides, if Jerry was not offended by Doug's post that just means everyone else is just casting stones at a glass house.

I'm quite aware of their relationship and I took GSS's comments as mocking Jerry for going to therapy and instituting change in his life. Others saw it the same way. Perhaps it was not offensive to Jerry. If I, JimG, Paul (one of the most dark humored members here) and others who 'know' the two members viewed it as such; what about how might a new forum member who doesn't know them view it?

And if GSS was truly just making an attempt at humor, why did he not defend himself when others suggested his comments were out of line? A simple, "oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as an asshole that was not my intent." would go a long way. Perception vs Intent

I think every member should feel safe in opening up about personal subjects without fear of being mocked or made fun of. Because I feel that way, it's my opinion that members should err on the side of restraint during such discussions. Right or wrong, that's my view.