• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Orford - 11/27/05

skijay

Resort: Mont Orford

Date Skied: 11/27/2005

Conditions: Lots of sun, around 30 degrees, hard pack and loose powder.

Trip Report:
I had the opportunity to ski while up in the NEK. I was going to choose Jay, but Orford was closer to where we were staying. I hit the slopes from 12:30 pm to 3:30pm. The temperature was around 30 degrees. It was a rare day with no wind. I am glad about that as I had forgotten my ski gloves and had to use my EMS fleece gloves that I wear in the spring time.

The only open lift was the Mont Giroux (North) Quad with basically one way down from the lift. I think it was the Magog trail. The coverage was great and I never once hit a bare spot. Snow was being blown on the Orford slopes, which were closed. There were two sections on the open terrain that were icy and caught a few skiers on each run.

Overall I had a good 3 hours. It did get a little boring though. I took a few pictures.

Riding the lift up:
orf112705e.jpg

View of Lac Memphremagog:
orf112705a.jpg

Open Trail:
orf112705c.jpg

Orford’s Summit:
orf112705d.jpg

Mont Giroux (East) Lift:
orf112705b.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
:blink: Where were you in the NEK that was closer to Orford than Jay???

Maybe a PM discussion is in order...seeing I'm from the NEK...

skijay

It is OK trailboss. I was visiting relatives in Stanstead (QC) & Derby Line (VT), which is right off of I-91, right before the customs.

Orford is all interstate until the exit from where I was.