• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your #1 destination this season?

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
here is my big trip

Heading out west in about a month to Wolfcreek, Taos, Telluride, and Winterpark. I'm really excited and I hope taos starts getting some snow

Beartrap

I am going to Mount Snow for a few days the first week of Feb. I will be lucky to get out to Wachusett or Berkshire East after that.

Greg

Staff member
Welcome to the boards, Beartrap! Do you like that trail at Mount Snow?

MrMagic

the best time to ski both saddleback and sugarloaf is in march! thats when they get the most snow-
here is a little info on saddleback for those who asked. saddleback is a classic New England mtn. with narrow twisty trails and old lifts. the main double gets you almost all the way up. from this lift you can ski most of the trails. for experts trails hit the wells fargo t- bar( i belive the name has change, this year) anywasy itsd the t-bar the left of the mtn. This is probly the hardest t, to ride in all of the east, due to its steepness. from the top of the t, you can get acess to the five or so expert trails, or go mack to the main double. At saddleback you get in a lot od skiing at a great price ( only 35 $ a ticket). i know that in the past their grooming has been horrable ( death cookies) but the new oners did get a few new machines so it should better. another thing saddleback never gets crowded. so what my family and i do is we spend a few days at sugarloaf, then on a weekend we will head over to ski a day at saddleback. it is a nice drive from sugarloaf to the saddle, about an hour and ten min depending on what condition the dirt acess road to the saddle is. i would encourage every one to go out and try saddleback mtn this year. if any one has ay more questinos about either mtn ask, and i will try my best to answer them.

Beartrap

Greg said:
Welcome to the boards, Beartrap! Do you like that trail at Mount Snow?

I used to, but my knees do not like it anymore. I am usually in the tree areas on the main mountain, or by myself carving up shooting star in the Sunbrook area.

Buckeye Skier 1330

Hi everyone! I've posted a couple of of times as got2ski1330 but changed to Buckeye Skier to have the same name on all the boards I'm on. Living in central Ohio our skiing options are limited to 300 foot vert. hills.We make overnight trips to 7Springs, Laurel Mtn. PA, Holiday Valley NY, and Canaan Valley/Timberline WV. For the last 3 years we've taken a week long trip to the northeast. We've done Stratton, Okemo, Wildcat, Sunday River and Sugarloaf. This year its going to be 3 days between Gore and Whiteface and 3 days between Sugarbush and Mad River Glen.Seeing all the pictures you folks take really gets me pumped! We want to go skiing tonight but right now we'er getting freezing rain. :( Hope you all have a good weekend on the slopes! :)

Greg

Staff member
Buckeye Skier 1330 said:
Hi everyone! I've posted a couple of of times as got2ski1330 but changed to Buckeye Skier to have the same name on all the boards I'm on.
I just did this for another member and it seemed to work fine. I can edit the database manually to associate your old posts with this new account and delete the old one if you want. Lemme know.

Greg

Staff member
Buckeye Skier 1330 said:
Sounds good Greg.......thanks. :D
All set. The got2ski1330 account has been deleted and the two old posts are now associated with Buckeye Skier 1330.

S

smallberries

No big trips for me this year. We'll be doing an overnight Loon trip next weekend. And I just won some comp tickets to Burke (thank you vtliving.com!) so we'll probably swing up there for one day.

I usually make the trip to Killington for the NEWSR (New England Winter Sports Reps) on-snow demo, but I've got a scheduling conflict and can't go this year. What a shame. My co-workers will be staying at the hotel at the bottom of Snowshed with the outdoor pool.

Next year I'm thinking about BC. Maybe Sun Peaks.

Smallberries

M

mattfishng

destinations

Recovering from a strained back so I've been sidelined since xmas.As soon as i get the ok and I've got 2 weeks off in march i plan on going to Stowe and Jay. Keep on snowing!

I

IndyJones

Just got back from Snowshoe. I put a trip report in the other forum.