• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Opens Tomorrow 9AM

WWF-VT

They are shooting for top to bottom very soon. All the bs is just Bs We are making turns. Something about moeny where your mouth is. The River folk get to be smug for a few days. Yahoo

What trail / trail(s) will be open tomorrow ?

Vortex

They will be working on mid and lower punch 1 run from mid station down trying to get that open so they don't have to down load, T2 opened around 2 today.

Angus

that's good news for those looking to get in some early season turns...I looked at the weekend weather from noaa with some elevation adjustment...it does look like things go a bit south (aka warmer/wetter) earlier next week.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Northeast wind between 6 and 9 mph.

Friday Night: A slight chance of snow after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

bigbob

Was in Newry today, did not have time to ski. Guns were going in the AM, but shut off at noon or so, not visable from the airport. Taken this morning.

DSC00441.jpg

Last edited:

jerryg

Was in Newry today, did not have time to ski. Guns were going in the AM, but shut off at noon or so, not visable from the airport. Taken this morning.

DSC00441.jpg

Shows that they're already blowing down past the midstation. Sweet.

roark

K - I guess Darcy can't count. At least SR knows how to make snow. If you make it over my way early on Friday morning I'll give you a ride assuming i can get all my work down in time. If not Friday night for Saturday morning.
I wish! No skiing until Halloween for me. :cry:
I've never skied with Tigger... :razz:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Oct. 14th, 2009 youtube vid of Sunday River opening:

About the only thing that could make that more awesome (going for it and opening on Oct 14th) is if they had naked chics along the sides of the trail passing out bacon. :lol:

Bravo Sunday River!