• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NY License Plates Change = More Tickets in VT

catskills

I think NY residents traveling to VT are going to get more speeding tickets with the proposed license plate change in NY State. Those new ugly NY license plates will be obvious a mile away. The VT police will be giving out speeding tickets just for having ugly license plates. NYers have enough problems in other states. We don't need this.

Help decrease the cost of your ski vacation to VT and sign the petition started by Oswego County Clerk. County Clerks from across the state will be presenting these petitions to the lawmakers in Albany No New Plates

1112nyplate.jpg

Warp Daddy

Fugly ass plate , Fugly ass political MONEY Grab and the bastards lied again to JUSTIFY the action saying there are REFLECTIVITY problems with the white plate.

MOST Law Enforcement officials have stated that this is NOT the case at all

Just one more reason to vote out ANY incumbent in NYS government

catskills

Right. Like seeing any color other than Green is not already a dead give a way? :lol: Maybe try not speeding if you are concerned? :spin:
Your right about the the green Vermont plates. The current NY plates are a lot closer to NH, MA, ME, and CT. When traveling in other states you don't want to be obvious that your from NY. It was always a problem back in the days of gold and blue plates. They immediately associate you with NY City. Ahhhhhhh. When I lived in Buffalo and someone said oh your from the NY City. I would say no Buffalo. One person asked, " is Buffalo in Ohio? " and another asked "Is Buffalo in PA?" :blink: I just don't want obvious plates like NJ plates.

If you have driven in VT and never ever went past the speed limit you need to get some kind of an awesome good driver award. I always thought speeding tickets was how VT balanced their state budget. I personally have never gotten a speeding ticket in Vermont but I know a few people that have.

Last edited:

Rambo

Warp Daddy

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
yes it was in our papers today ------------------there are some serious MAJOR cuts needed to balance this current state budget. property taxes are AMOK in NYS and public payrolls and some pretty foolish capitol projects need to be cut

Whereas this license plate debacle is a MINOR cut but has symbolic significance

We had the same deal in Massachusetts. About 20 years ago, they transitioned from one (rear) to two plate system. Everyone was supposed to get them. However there was no funding to pay for the plates. So they finally settled it by putting two plates on new registrations. You'll still see lots of one-plate licensed cars around, albiet really ragged and worn. Love to have just one plate; makes the front look much nice. I understand that's what the radar guns shoot for.

When I was a rugrat, NY had I believe it was orange lettering on blue, if I remember the family photos correctly. I always thought the inverse scheme was pretty bad.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm always super cautious driving. 8 years as an EMT, and you'll see some pretty bad accidents. When I drive out of state, I'm at or under the speed limit.

tjf67

Yes but do you like to pay all those extra fees for the retro Gold plates?

NY is in a mess. This is to raise a little money to help us out. They could always just charge me another 50 cent for a pack of smokes. I am glad all NY is going to pay this time. I am sure they will circle around to smokes in another month or so.

dmc

My drive to VT usually is on smaller highways... Like rt4... I generally go about 8 or so over but never 10.. I got hit with laser when I was up at Killington on Friday on rt4.. Was going about 7 or so over... no issues... But there are a ton of staties out from the NY boarder to Rutland..

I only really drive uber fast on big highways... I get passed by state troopers while doing 74mph all the time... they don't seem to care... But on an empty highway like the thruway - I'm driving over 80.. I have many of the places where cops hide marked on my radar detector so I slow down for those...

your mileage may vary... :)

chrisrunsi

by far, the worst place ever in NY for tickets is Plattsburg, wayyyyy up notrth close to the border. I go on a yearly trip to Canada and have had well over 10 tickets by different cars in our traveling group. They hide right behind the sign that says welcome to plattsburg, hey here's a ticket, come back soon. :evil:

jaywbigred

I think NY residents traveling to VT are going to get more speeding tickets with the proposed license plate change in NY State. Those new ugly NY license plates will be obvious a mile away. The VT police will be giving out speeding tickets just for having ugly license plates. NYers have enough problems in other states. We don't need this.

Help decrease the cost of your ski vacation to VT and sign the petition started by Oswego County Clerk. County Clerks from across the state will be presenting these petitions to the lawmakers in Albany No New Plates

1112nyplate.jpg

Whoa, looks like a Michigan helmet. DO NOT LIKE.