• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 6/15/10

bvibert

Staff member
Met up with Woodcore for a nice ride out of Stone tonight. There's more options popping up from around there, but I still like the flow and options out of Scoville better. It might be because I suck and can't ride as smoothly on the stone side. Anyway, the ground was still a bit on the damp side, but not really soft.

We rode up the road to start then lollipop>upper dentist>northside woods>up jeep climb>hobo>bail trail>up road to kitchen gate>widowmaker>rob halford>lower hessian>swamp trail>parking lot.

Somewhere around 7 miles, but it felt like more. This was only my second time in lower hessian, but it was about how I remembered it. I won't be rushing to go back, I'm just too much of a hack to ride it even remotely smoothly. Towards the end of the lower hessian we saw a good sized owl pretty close, I guess it swooped right down in front of woodcore. We also met up with atvkilla and caveman from crankfire, it was cool to chat with them and share a beer or two back at the car.

Last edited:

WoodCore

Nice rip this evening Bvibert! The big miles weren't there for sure but we certainly put plenty of effort into pedaling the technical trails of Stone East and then heading over to do battle with the Lower Hessian. Think we rode around 7 miles regardless it feels like at least 10+!

MR. evil

Nice rip this evening Bvibert! The big miles weren't there for sure but we certainly put plenty of effort into pedaling the technical trails of Stone East and then heading over to do battle with the Lower Hessian. Think we rode around 7 miles regardless it feels like at least 10+!

This Lower Hessian you speak of sounds interesting. Have to put that one on the list.

bvibert

Staff member
Think we rode around 7 miles regardless it feels like at least 10+!

You can say that again. I feel all beat up today. It doesn't help that I have a huge knot in my left thigh from falling over on that log... :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
I'll point you in the direction, I have no plans of walking it again.

It was slightly better then I remembered. It has potential, but would need some work to clean it up (IMHO). A reroute to avoid that lowest section that's perpetually wet would be a good idea, or a shit load of armoring. It could also stand more traffic in general.

atvkilla

Good riding that last 100 yards with you fellas and having a postride :beer: The route Caveman and myself took was decently dry except the belly which has 2 or 3 chronic wet spots. I'm sure the lower Hessian was wet, but the only thing we did on the west side of Stone was Ebonics where we ran into you guys.