What's up with Maple Valley? - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Ok, another update. Our nextdoor neighbor stopped by this weekend to talk about this very subject. He saw one of my posts on snowjournal. Turns out, the area is going to try to reopen next season. The owner is having someone else do the operational side of things and he'll still retain ownership. Town permits shouldn't be an issue; getting the other state and whatnot may take some time. The liftines are pretty grown in. But maybe that's why they took chairs off; work in the lifts, do some thinning.

The sign for the parkinglot has been fixed up and there's a new sign up front. I think it would be pretty cool if they were able to operate again.
    It will be pretty amazing if they're able to open again, based on the pictures I've seen and how long they've been closed for. I hope it works out though!
    Brian

Drove by Maple Valley on VT Route 30 on the way home from camping.....chairs were on the lift and the place looked pretty cleaned up.

Any updates from locals?

Quote Originally Posted by hrstrat57 View Post
    Drove by Maple Valley on VT Route 30 on the way home from camping.....chairs were on the lift and the place looked pretty cleaned up.

Any updates from locals?
    Paging Glenn for some info.....
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23,27 (Mount Southington)
    February: 1,2,15,16,22,23 (Mount Snow) 3,5,12 (Mount Southington) 8 (Bromley) 9 (Stratton) 17 (Pico) 29 (Burke)
    March: 1,14 (Mount Snow) 2 (Mount Southington) 5,6,7 (Cannon) 8 (Loon)

Bump...update. There's a sign up front now stating the area is for sale...it just went up over the weekend. They've fastendd some orange painted skis to it as well. Here's the website listed on the sign: http://www.maplevalleyski.com/ Looks like they've put together a rather nice website. The inside of the lodge is in really good shape.

We hiked the area in the fall. The North Chair liftline was mostly clear and looked runable. The South Chair had a good amount of scrub that probably needed to be cut.

On New Year's Eve, the lodge was opened up for a local event. More info can be found on this FaceBook page: http://www.facebook.com/events/382377618519170/

No idea on the asking price; it's not listed on the website. Anyone recall what it was last listed for in roughly 2007? I thought it was a mil point something.

Caution----Assumption: I'm thinking the owner threw in the towel after the reception he received from the town a few summer's ago. He had a lot of ideas and brought them all to the town. Sadly, they balked, and had a number of "what if" questions.
    SoVT

Boy that lodge is in turnkey condition. I'd love one of those M/V chairs, but I hope I never have the opportunity.
    There sure is a pretty complete list of equipment and out buildings. Wondering what it would take to get it turning again. I'll be the price is too high for a reasonable ROI on operating it.

It's too bad the web master can't run spell check or get a handle on good grammar!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

interesting. maybe i missed it, but how long has this been closed for?

I like name of this place.:banghead::what:

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Do a forum search, especially under trip reports.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I moved to Vermont in the fall of 1997. That iwnter Maple Valley opened after having been closed for some time. I think they were only open that one year, so it has been a long time...

looks like since 2000 according to nelsap, 13 years. prob need an extra million on top of the asking price to get it going, esp since it seems like the lifts don't work, not to mention everything else sitting there. kinda cool they have there own power source, if it works.

maybe euler is right , so at least 13 years.

Thread Information