• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Blizzard Jan-12-11

bvibert

Staff member
Here's one shot the GoPro got seconds before it died. This is from my first run.

168145_1771278210683_1501085519_1847829_3662977_n.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
Between 30 and 150 mb---

I'll pull some still "face" shots later...

Well, you could upload the clips to Vimeo, where Steve would be able to download the file... Very round-a-bout, but it should work...

Madroch

Could steve download them in a format he could work with from FB....I think I am limited on HD uploads on vimeo,,,,that way I could only share the raw footage with him...probably could do that with vimeo as well i suppose

gmcunni

sounds/looks like you guys had an awesome day. sloppy seconds tonight were not bad either :-D

I was limited to a short session but so glad i got out. I started out taking lift 2 up and planned on seeing there was any chance of a pow stash on Gunny, much to my surprise the entire hill was a mogul field. i hadn't even gotten my poles on my wrists as i headed over to Gunny and i was greeted by bumps on the very top as you head over. the entire run was pow bumps all the way to the bottom. Stinger and Temptor and lower Canyon run were the same, pow bumps all over the place.

When i first pulled up to Nor Easter it looked like they'd mowed the bumps down but really it was just pow filling in everything.

Great night, i don't like to throw around the EPIC word but tonight was it for Sundown. It was incredible.

Met up with Greg and Grassi for a bunch of runs. We managed to rip some fresh cord on Canyon Run right after they dropped the ropes.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Could steve download them in a format he could work with from FB....I think I am limited on HD uploads on vimeo,,,,that way I could only share the raw footage with him...probably could do that with vimeo as well i suppose

FB compresses and degrades video. If you're going to upload and then have him download, go with vimeo.

gmcunni

my 84mm waisted Nordicas felt like i was skiing on toothpicks today.. wish i had the 94 Kastle i demo'd the other day

2knees

much to my surprise the entire hill was a mogul field. i hadn't even gotten my poles on my wrists as i headed over to Gunny and i was greeted by bumps on the very top as you head over. the entire run was pow bumps all the way to the bottom. Stinger and Temptor and lower Canyon run were the same, pow bumps all over the place.

When i first pulled up to Nor Easter it looked like they'd mowed the bumps down but really it was just pow filling in everything.

what the f%^* did I miss today.

powhunter

Madroch

Am uploading them to file factory-- how do I share them with steve--- thanks for all advice.

gmcunni

Am uploading them to file factory-- how do I share them with steve--- thanks for all advice.

when done uploading it should offer to email a link so someone can download. email to yourself and PM the links to steve might be easiest.

Grassi21

what the f%^* did I miss today.

Sundown was a mini MRG. :lol: OK, MRG is stretching it, but there were bumps EVERYWHERE. Aside from the seeded bumps on Ex. most of the trail was covered with little bumplettes and Temptor had more bumps top to bottom side to side than when they have seeded in it in years past. It was really cool to see from lift 1. Lots of fun tonight. Glad I skied tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Legs were really cooked at the end and I ended up straight lining Canyon to the Ex bumps for the last few runs. Not the pow the boys got this morning, but still an awesome night. \

Now, time to enjoy a couple of Manhattan's before bed.