Help choosing a ride? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by planb420 View Post
    Sure I should be getting my taxes back this FRI so it would be perfect and I WILL be at sundown Sat...I will keep you updated on wether or not the money gets deposited in time.....This make me feel a bit better about the upcomming rains/warm weather....
    Cory - once Nass dries out, I'll take you for an easy cruise. I haven't been on my bike since early August. Or was it July? Can't remember. Either way, I'll need to start out slow and easy. The Burlington (Nass) trail heads are probably 20 minutes for you. You seem like a stuntry kinda guy. If you decide to go that route, Nepaug will be like 6 or 7 minutes for you.

Hey - need a bike rack? I have a Thule 3-bike (trunk style) I could sell you. It's like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-962XT-Sp.../dp/B0009XAMO2

$60 and it's yours.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Cory - once Nass dries out, I'll take you for an easy cruise. I haven't been on my bike since early August. Or was it July? Can't remember. Either way, I'll need to start out slow and easy. The Burlington (Nass) trail heads are probably 20 minutes for you. You seem like a stuntry kinda guy. If you decide to go that route, Nepaug will be like 6 or 7 minutes for you.

Hey - need a bike rack? I have a Thule 3-bike (trunk style) I could sell you. It's like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-962XT-Sp.../dp/B0009XAMO2

$60 and it's yours.
    Just may have to do that as I have a Lincoln and a bike wont fit in there!!! and if the wife grabs a bike as well we will be good.
    Days on Snow 2015: 6 Days
    K-Town, Ski Sundown
    Past Seasons: 2010 84 days, 2011 85 Days, 2012 75 Days, 2013 78 Days, 2014 74 Days

SKI SUNDOWN JUNKIE

Just may have to do that as I have a Lincoln and a bike wont fit in there!!! and if the wife grabs a bike as well we will be good.
    It's not going anywhere so no rush. Lemme know if/when you're ready. It's used, but still functional and decent. I think I might be missing a cradle or stabilizer, or both, but it's ready for 2 bikes at least....
    I ski double black diamonds.

could you part with it for around 100, that way I can get it tuned, get a full face helmet, ect...? I assume that its not too beat up and can take some more abuse from a totally new rider?
    No need for a full face helmet just yet. Those things really suck for anything other than full on DH / FR type stuff with very little actual pedaling. I would also recommend not doing anything too crazy / big on your new-to-you ride. It's a lower end XC rig and not meant for it's wheels to leave the ground too often.

Sure I should be getting my taxes back this FRI so it would be perfect and I WILL be at sundown Sat...I will keep you updated on wether or not the money gets deposited in time.....This make me feel a bit better about the upcomming rains/warm weather....
    Let me know.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    No need for a full face helmet just yet. Those things really suck for anything other than full on DH / FR type stuff with very little actual pedaling. I would also recommend not doing anything too crazy / big on your new-to-you ride. It's a lower end XC rig and not meant for it's wheels to leave the ground too often.
    Hopefully I dont break it...but if I do hopefully Im having fun when it happens!!!
    K-Town, Ski Sundown
    Past Seasons: 2010 84 days, 2011 85 Days, 2012 75 Days, 2013 78 Days, 2014 74 Days

SKI SUNDOWN JUNKIE

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    The shop went over it last summer(probably 20 miles on it since) when my other bike had warranty issues. $125
    I know its a longshot but do you still have this avail, as I know we did not hook up last season....

If not I'm again in the market for a intro level Mtn bike to get out there and ride this season, anyone know a guy that knows a guy looking to sell then let this guy know
    K-Town, Ski Sundown

SKI SUNDOWN JUNKIE

I know its a longshot but do you still have this avail, as I know we did not hook up last season....

If not I'm again in the market for a intro level Mtn bike to get out there and ride this season, anyone know a guy that knows a guy looking to sell then let this guy know
    I still have it, but it might be sold, will let you know if it falls thru.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I still have it, but it might be sold, will let you know if it falls thru.
    no worries, if it falls through I should be good to purchase this Wed or Thurs if your down and now with the explorer it should be much easier to transport!

K-Town, Ski Sundown

SKI SUNDOWN JUNKIE

Thread Information