• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The company I've relied on for transit and tixs last year (Nacski) said they will finally be posting their schedule in 72 hours.

In other news, I got the White Mountain Express schedule (bus that runs out of Haverhill and stops at a bar on the way back on Wednesdays; just some retired firefighters running it for fun more than profit); $80 now for bus and a 1 day ticket, which is a $5 increase vs last year. Many great laughs and is quite a lively trip even off the ski slope if you've haven't gone with them.

With no Wildcat special this year at the mall for a free comp ticket w/ every $250 in Amex GCs purchased (yes, I have used them up on gas, food, etc easily; stuff I would spend money on either way), it looks like I will have to restrategize when I want to do an overnight; but now I know of a few good hostels.

I like your angle. Great ways to really whittle the costs way down.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Someday River

Sunday River's 12th annual Santa Sunday is next weekend, Dec. 4, but you must make the list, and check it twice...so to speak. If you want to be Santa this Sunday at Sunday River you must register online today by...

Register today to ski free on Santa Sunday at Sunday River

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If you want to give the gift of skiing or riding for Christmas, Ski New Hampshire is selling its Holiday 2-Packs of fully-transferable lift tickets through Dec. 21. Normally sold only in blocks of six, these anytime tickets save $11 to $20 off weekend/holiday lift tickets.

Tickets are available in six price categories: $20, $30, $43, $54, $56 and $66 per ticket. Purchasers must select at least two different ski areas. Ski areas included are Loon Mountain, Bretton Woods, Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain, Cannon Mountain, Waterville Valley, Mount Sunapee, Gunstock Mountain Resort, Cranmore Mountain, Pats Peak, Crotched Mountain, Ragged Mountain, Black Mountain, King Pine Ski Area, Dartmouth Skiway, Granite Gorge, and McIntyre Ski Area.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
WCCC Radio in Hartford has 1/2 Magic Tix again this year on their website - $29.50

Catamount Ski Resort - 2 Lift Tickets $122 Value
BIG MOUNTAIN... SMALL WAITS! A pair of ski passes good anytime , including Weekends & Holidays (regularly valued at $61 each)! There's so much...
$61.00

Magic Mountain Ski Resort - $59 Value Lift Ticket
1 Lift Ticket, good anytime, to ski & ride at Magic Mountain Ski Area during the 2011/2012 Winter Season! Stats & Facts: Longest Run: Wizard...
$29.50

Otis Ridge - $60 Value Pair of Lift Tickets
A pair of tickets for $30 - two tickets for the price of one for the 2011-2012 ski season! *limited time only Otis Ridge offers a $99 ski pass good...
$30.00

Add:

The Cutting Edge Snowboard Shop - $50 Value Gift Card
For over twenty years The Cutting Edge has set you up right! With industry leading brands of skateboards, bicycles, and snowboards. The Cutting Edge...
$25.00

Woodbury Ski Area - $39 Value Lift Ticket
Lift Ticket good for any day/anytime skiing or riding or (1) 3 hour tubing pass. Woodbury Ski Area nestled in the Litchfield Hills of Connecticut is...
$19.50

o3jeff

WCCC Radio in Hartford has 1/2 Magic Tix again this year on their website - $29.50

Catamount Ski Resort - 2 Lift Tickets $122 Value
BIG MOUNTAIN... SMALL WAITS! A pair of ski passes good anytime , including Weekends & Holidays (regularly valued at $61 each)! There's so much...
$61.00

Magic Mountain Ski Resort - $59 Value Lift Ticket
1 Lift Ticket, good anytime, to ski & ride at Magic Mountain Ski Area during the 2011/2012 Winter Season! Stats & Facts: Longest Run: Wizard...
$29.50

Otis Ridge - $60 Value Pair of Lift Tickets
A pair of tickets for $30 - two tickets for the price of one for the 2011-2012 ski season! *limited time only Otis Ridge offers a $99 ski pass good...
$30.00

Add:

The Cutting Edge Snowboard Shop - $50 Value Gift Card
For over twenty years The Cutting Edge has set you up right! With industry leading brands of skateboards, bicycles, and snowboards. The Cutting Edge...
$25.00

Woodbury Ski Area - $39 Value Lift Ticket
Lift Ticket good for any day/anytime skiing or riding or (1) 3 hour tubing pass. Woodbury Ski Area nestled in the Litchfield Hills of Connecticut is...
$19.50

Thanks, I just checked yesterday for the Magic deal, must of just went up today. I ordered a couple.

playoutside

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

Liftopia.com $20 Gift Card for $10.
17 minutes remaining.

I actually have bunch of these for free. I can make them available after 12/8.

If the ones you have are from the ski show, they claim only one per login ID allowed. So hopefully no one has been assuming you can load up a bunch of those free $10 cards onto one order.

rocojerry

Hey, the first issue of the season for Snoweast Magazine is out.
Here is an e-copy. It will be out for print in a couple weeks.

http://www.snoweastmagazine.com/Issues/currentissue.html

Patience, it loads slowly.

Look closely to find the Pico and K-mart 2fers.

Is this out in Print yet? I'm still trying to get that Pico 2-for-1 link to work
(by clicking on it weekly, and hoping its live)

Oh, I just saw that Pico 2-for-1 midweek was added to Ride and Ski card! So I only care about the link above if Sunday or Sat is included :)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Is this out in Print yet? I'm still trying to get that Pico 2-for-1 link to work
(by clicking on it weekly, and hoping its live)

Oh, I just saw that Pico 2-for-1 midweek was added to Ride and Ski card! So I only care about the link above if Sunday or Sat is included :)

Yep the mag is in print and in most ski shops. I have a stash of them I'm taking to our meeting.