• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Looks like the dearth of snow is opening things up

Living Social
The Ride & Ski Card
Seasonal Ride and Ski Discount Pass
$24

Google deals
Full-day Lift tickets for Two

Whaleback

ScottySkis

In Subway fast food, coupons for Camelback in PA. $ 20dollar off snowtubing, $20 dollar off adult all day lift tickets and 20 percent off learn to ski or ride lesson pretty cool

BenedictGomez

I made an excel sheet of the gas stations involved in SkiRideFree.com displaying them in order from south to north along I-87, with address, hours, exit, distance off 87, distance between next participating station, etc... in order to maximize the total number of gas stamps that can be collected on each trip to the north country.

It was a lot of work, but the ease with which you collect BOGOs makes this my favorite "Skiing On the Cheap" ski strategy, so to me it was worth it so I dont "miss out" on a station I could put 8 gallons in on my way up. This way, by timing it right, I can get one BOGO free lift ticket with each ski trip I make.

I'd post it in this thread if I knew how to post Excel (I know it's possible in similar forums), otherwise if you PM me your email I can email you a copy. I have it for I-87, I-89, and I-91 as well, so it's probably most useful for those coming from NJ, S.NY, or N.MA.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Forgot to mention, I created a GOOG map of all the gas stations in the Free lift ticket program.

If you have a Smartphone you can bookmark the URL to my map below and then call it up on your phone when you're out and about to see all the places participating.

There are 52 stations in MA, NY, and VT linked to the map below. Hope it helps, and feel free to share the URL with anyone else you know who likes this BOGO program.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211776287410418508501.0004b635f005aaaf335a5&msa=0

soposkier

Anyone else get a two for one via email from killington? Says it is valid anyday for the remainder of the season. Business must be slow.

mlkrgr

Anyone else get a two for one via email from killington? Says it is valid anyday for the remainder of the season. Business must be slow.

Nothing here but with how I work things a 2 for 1 isn't of value too often even though I ski about 6/7 days or so per season.

ScottySkis

from NY Daily News for NY ski areas contest enter by going online to NYdailynews.com/contests lots of great prizes or call 1800 439 1369 9am to 5pm 7 days a week good for Windham, Plattekill, Catamount, whiteface,ski west, hunter, thunder ridge, greek peak, gore, mount peter, tuxedo ridge

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

BenedictGomez

Forgot to mention, I created a GOOG map of all the gas stations in the Free lift ticket program.

If you have a Smartphone you can bookmark the URL to my map below and then call it up on your phone when you're out and about to see all the places participating.

There are 52 stations in MA, NY, and VT linked to the map below. Hope it helps, and feel free to share the URL with anyone else you know who likes this BOGO program.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211776287410418508501.0004b635f005aaaf335a5&msa=0

Just in case anyone plans on using my "B1G1 Free Gas Station Map" linked above, for some reason I had to cut/paste and email myself the link above first, and then open it from email on my phone (i.e. Google map search didnt pull it up).

But once opened it's working perfectly, and even integrating with the GPS on my phone. Technology is cool!

fahz

I got this but it didn't work?

Nope, the one I am talking about has no blackout dates/expiration. Different then the one that expired.

http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/2for1-welcome-back/

Thats the link, just need a validation code though which was in the email.

I got this but it didn't work?

Tried again and it worked
Wow no blackout dates
Just bring this voucher to any Killington ticket window to receive your adult 2 for 1 Killington lift tickets. Valid through the end of the 2011-12 winter season. No blackout days.

Last edited: