• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

asnowmobiler

Booting up at the car is really going to suck at areas with big parking lots and no shuttle. I have a ton of $$$ into my boots and dread the thought of waking through mud or frozen rock covered parking lot, but at least we will be skiing.
I guess it's time to start looking for a sole protectors, any recommendation on which ones to get?

EPB

Booting up at the car is really going to suck at areas with big parking lots and no shuttle. I have a ton of $$$ into my boots and dread the thought of waking through mud or frozen rock covered parking lot, but at least we will be skiing.
I guess it's time to start looking for a sole protectors, any recommendation on which ones to get?

I've never bought these before, so I have no idea which ones are actually good. But, these are somewhat prevalent out west at places like Whistler where people boot up in a parking garage and walk through the village to the gondi.

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-SkiTrax-Tracks-Traction-Protection/dp/B003U9NAM8/ref=asc_df_B003U9NAM8/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070139433729&psc=1

cdskier

I've never bought these before, so I have no idea which ones are actually good. But, these are somewhat prevalent out west at places like Whistler where people boot up in a parking garage and walk through the village to the gondi.

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-SkiTrax-Tracks-Traction-Protection/dp/B003U9NAM8/ref=asc_df_B003U9NAM8/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070139433729&psc=1

I don't use those exact ones (I use these - https://www.rei.com/product/435109/seirus-cat-tracks), but the general concept is the same. I've been using them for quite a few years now as I have always either booted up in the parking lot or at my condo if I took the shuttle bus. Not only do they protect the soles of your boots, but it is also much easier to walk in them. They improve traction too, but I'd still recommend being careful and trying to avoid any really slick spots.

dlague

I saw those, kind of Strange the way they a sized like shoes, make me wonder how well the fit ski boots.

On one of the pictures there is mondo sizing.

Never used them but probably should because the heal and toe material get pretty worn.

I wonder how well they fit is a pocket? Which begs another question! Will we be seeing more back packs since nothing can be left in the lodge? Will there be more trash under the chair lifts because people will be eating and drinking on the fly?

What other residual effects or actions will arise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingslug

Booting up in the lot at Stowe..when its 20 below..that will be fun...maybe I should get a full truck bed top and put a heater in it...hmmm.

jimmywilson69

I've used Cat tracks for more than a decade. if you are in between sizes get a smaller size and stretch it.

they work great and really aren't that much of a hassle to take off/put on.

asnowmobiler

Time to start making a list of things to buy to make it easier to boot up at the car and to tailgate afterwards.
Sole Protectors
chair
mat
Vodka
soda
Vodka
ice
small grill

nhskier1969

Chair, Pick up a fold up small ladder. both sides come down to make it like a bench. Could fit two people on it to put boots on or one person and a cooler next to you. It also can easily fit in your trunk.

dlague

Open up tailgate, crack open a beer, put foot in boot, sling foot up on tailgate or bumper and buckle, then throw the rest of you shit on - easy peasy! Finish beer and head to the lift. Wife and I do this every day of skiing!

After skiing, crank the tunes and do the opposite!

nhskier1969

I can see ski resorts charging for premium parking. Could be fun thou, turn parkings into the beach scene at A-basin in the spring.

dlague

I can see ski resorts charging for premium parking. Could be fun thou, turn parkings into the beach scene at A-basin in the spring.

We pay $30 to park right next to the building! But they do not us to tailgate there so we keep it low key. However, people tailgate all over the parking lots at A Basin - they have a decent shuttle system.

djd66

Just boot up at your house and drive to the MTN in your boots

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Time to start making a list of things to buy to make it easier to boot up at the car and to tailgate afterwards.
Sole Protectors
chair
mat
Vodka
soda
Vodka
ice
small grill

I usually put a towel on the dash and set my hiking boots and let them stay warm in the sun but if the suns not out I throw some hand warmers in . I've always booted up in the lot but hate the idea of putting on frozen hiking boots .

IMG_4721.jpg