• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

100 years and MPG

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
well, i'm not talking about being a car culture necessarily. I work in a bike shop and commute to work on my bike. I'm just talking about our ability to build utility vehicles than allow the average person to do alot more. Generally, the vehicles whcih get comparable gas mileage to a Model T are the ones which are built to do haulin, off road travel or towing. Now, whether or not people drive them that way is another question. :roll:

Glenn

well, i'm not talking about being a car culture necessarily. I work in a bike shop and commute to work on my bike. I'm just talking about our ability to build utility vehicles than allow the average person to do alot more. Generally, the vehicles whcih get comparable gas mileage to a Model T are the ones which are built to do haulin, off road travel or towing. Now, whether or not people drive them that way is another question. :roll:

I know exactly what you're saying. While MPGs may not vary that much, look at what you can do with any modern vehicle that gets the same MPGs vs the model T. I mean, we're talking the Model T here folks. Having a full windshield, heat and brake lights is progress. :spin:

koreshot

Just playing devil's advocate. I own 3 cars, so I am very much part of the car culture "problem".

It is amazing how much cars have evolved. Every time I drive my 1994 car, I am blown away by how unpolished and minimalist it is compared to my 2004. Even 10 years makes a huge difference.