• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/28/21 -- Ski Cooper, CO -- New "Tennessee Creek Basin" terrain

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Resort or Ski Area
Ski Cooper, CO
Date
Feb 28, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
I posted a few photos from Tennessee Creek Basin ("TCB") last season soon after it opened. Since I've returned to Cooper full-time, I wanted to get a little video footage as well, so I snagged the camera from Marketing and grabbed my brother for a few runs (feel free to skip my babbling at the beginning... since much of our other in-bounds terrain is lower angle, we're trying to do a bit of skier education before the spring break crowds arrive):

catskillman

Since most folks do not know Cooper exists, confusing it with Copper, a bit of the 10th mountain history or even Leadville would make it stand out and certainly more interesting.

Hope to visit again soon !

jimk

Nice terrain addition. The installation of that cool expert's tbar at Cooper dropped off my radar in the year of covid. Glad to see it's a success and should draw some skiers looking for a little gnar.

jaytrem

Awesome, can't wait to get back there! Great place to ski on holiday weekends.

dblskifanatic

My son and I skied that several time last season before the shut down and the trees are really goo with decent pitch. We used to ski Cooper a few times per season using the GEMS Card (two BOGOs per card). First time my wife and I tried it they got like 3 feet of snow and the trees were tight which made it interesting.. It is a great add!

So Patrick, I remember you from when we skied there the first time prior to moving to Colorado. Looked you up the following season but you had left. Wished I would have stopped by and inquired last season. You had pointed out Powder keg for us to ski which as great. My son and I skied Paradise, Solstice and Viper in Tennessee Gap. Was happy to see that addition. My wife skied Viper with deep snow - not the narrow trail but the trees and that was a little tougher.

We skied there every season for the past 5 years - it was like a little secret with no lift lines.

Last edited:

Cornhead

Nice vid, I had a Freedom Pass CO ski safari all planned out last March, Cooper was an option...guess I should've gone in February ☹️ I see Cooper and Sunlight are still members, Purgatory and Hesperus are gone.