• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/6/14 Sunday River

medfordmike

After spending the day enjoying the old school charm of Wildcat yesterday I headed to Sunday River today to embrace the advantages of a mega resort. It was single digits when I arrived before opening but mostly clear skies and very little wind. In fact the only time I noticed the wind was at the top of Jordan. When I left it was in the low 20s so a comfortable day.
image.jpg

Snow conditions were mostly packed powder. Very easy to carve although things got a bit scrapped off and kind of uneven by the end of the day in areas of high use. I skied Shockwave in the morning while there was still enough snow on it to get a good grip.
image.jpg

I spent time in the Last Tango and Blind Ambition glades. Both skied very nicely and it was nice to get some tree skiing in. Overall a great day at SR. No crowds to speak of and great surface conditions with some ungroomed patches and some fresh snow still in the woods.

nanjil

I was there am. Very nice. The "new" glade north woods was awesome. Needs another dump for the steep parts. "Quantum leap" was really a leap and not ice with lots of freshies

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AlpineZone mobile app