• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2-7-21 Mohawk Mtn - Excellent day

ctenidae

Resort or Ski Area
Other / Not Listed
Date
Feb 7, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Powder
  2. Packed Powder
  3. Moguls
Mohawk is about 1.5 hours from us, is totally kid-friendly, and is a nice little hill, so it's our go-to "local" hill. Left home yesterday just before the snow started, drove home into the sunshine just as the storm left the Stamford area.

Great day of skiing. Our first day at Mohawk this season (only 2nd day out so far), and I was concerned there wouldn't be much base, but needn't have worried. They had pretty good coverage, and with the snow coming down pretty good all day it just got better and better. We went up with our 7 and 9 year old, and skied most everything, including more bump runs than my old knees enjoy. Both kids loved it, even the imposingly steep drop in at the top of Wildwood, which was cratered with VW-sized bumps.

Lodge was fairly crowded by Covid standards, lift lines were short, parking lot is close enough to make lunch in the car doable. Overall, a good day.

JimG.

Staff member
Mohawk is about 1.5 hours from us, is totally kid-friendly, and is a nice little hill, so it's our go-to "local" hill. Left home yesterday just before the snow started, drove home into the sunshine just as the storm left the Stamford area.

Great day of skiing. Our first day at Mohawk this season (only 2nd day out so far), and I was concerned there wouldn't be much base, but needn't have worried. They had pretty good coverage, and with the snow coming down pretty good all day it just got better and better. We went up with our 7 and 9 year old, and skied most everything, including more bump runs than my old knees enjoy. Both kids loved it, even the imposingly steep drop in at the top of Wildwood, which was cratered with VW-sized bumps.

Lodge was fairly crowded by Covid standards, lift lines were short, parking lot is close enough to make lunch in the car doable. Overall, a good day.
I've decided I like the car/lodge thing.

I got so used to the lodge at a ski area because I have 3 kids I forgot that before kids I always booted up at the car.

Great views too
pk5.jpg