• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012-2013 Season Planning

Paul_M

Magic could work for you as well. First and foremost its a great family mountian/ There are slopeside cnodos you can rent at a reasonable price for the season which don't hve the same responsibilities as a house, plus the passes are very reasonable and there is good terrain to keep you busy and for your daughter to progress and good cruising for your wife. I'm in Tuckahoe and make it in less than 3 1/2 hours. given the cheaper price of the pss you coudl also hit other mountains on occasion as well. Stratton, Okemo and Bromley are all pretty close and K is less than an hour away. We've even done day trips up to the MRV on occasion which isn't too bad of a ride either.

Thanks, I'll check into that. My wife prefers a little more comfortable space than a motel room and we also like to avoid restaurants.

abc

I'm just by myself or with a friend when I go though. With the high gas prices lately, it's even quite uneconomical to drive more than 2.5 hours each way (5 rt) to redeem a free voucher unless you're with someone else. With 340 miles roundtrip, you're talking 16 gallons of gas *3.70 now (which is a bit conservative and will go higher in the next couple weeks, that's $59.20 for gas only (and this is not even counting incremental wear and tear). For that price, it's just as well to board a bus for somewhere between $59 and $82. I wouldn't even dream of going to Jay w/ the price of ski and stay without a group now too.

I'll be doing the same as usual; I may not even bother going for vouchers to mountains you have to drive to for buying mall gift cards if things are like they are next year at least for mountains more than a 4 hour round trip drive. I'd be all over Sugarbush for a season pass though if buses would be going there as much as Sunday River.
Depends on where your "home" is though. I drive 5 hrs each way primarily to get to better terrain and quieter slopes, with or without voucher.

The terrain down south simply doesn't compare. And the crowd... Voucher helps to lower the overall cost a little. .