• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015/16 Ski Trip Planning..

dmw

I was out there a few weeks ago. The best approach I found was a credit card and a blindfold.

jaytrem

please don't laugh at me but .... anyone know best options for discount tickets in CO, specifically Breckenridge, for April?

Liftopia has nothing.

yes - a basin and loveland are cheaper, i know.

Maybe look for a ski and stay package. Some places will give you a discount if you agree to go on a sales pitch tour. Like this place...

http://www.grandtimber.com/

I stayed there once, but didn't do the tour. So not sure how annoying it is. We were each offered a free ticket at the time, like 10 years ago.

Smellytele

Maybe look for a ski and stay package. Some places will give you a discount if you agree to go on a sales pitch tour. Like this place...

http://www.grandtimber.com/

I stayed there once, but didn't do the tour. So not sure how annoying it is. We were each offered a free ticket at the time, like 10 years ago.

I did do the tour and got the 2 tickets and got a room on the cheap (75 a night for the condo) also got more tix for $75 a piece. The tour was at 4pm one day. It last about an 1-1:30. Actually never left the guys office. He knew we weren't buying and didn't want to waste too much time on us.

Set it up with Skierstef

gmcunni

I did do the tour and got the 2 tickets and got a room on the cheap (75 a night for the condo) also got more tix for $75 a piece. The tour was at 4pm one day. It last about an 1-1:30. Actually never left the guys office. He knew we weren't buying and didn't want to waste too much time on us.

Set it up with Skierstef
already booked hotel and will only be in town for 1 night so the meeting won't work for us.

Another way is to blow someone with an epic pass and get their buddy passes.
i'll pay the window rate ;-)

KustyTheKlown

I can get $60 copper tix thru my job, but I'd need your cc info. If you're comfortable with that, PM me.

You can also get copper BOGOs which come out to about $60 by filling up at a Shell gas station in Denver

gmcunni

I can get $60 copper tix thru my job, but I'd need your cc info. If you're comfortable with that, PM me.

You can also get copper BOGOs which come out to about $60 by filling up at a Shell gas station in Denver

thanks. i forgot that my company has some discount program too, will check it out.

KustyTheKlown

looks like i have the same program, or close. ticketsatwork.com $65 for Copper.

That's the one. Also $59 Jay peak (which is the same as just reloading, but let's you pay the reload rate for the first ticket of the year)

gmcunni

You only skiing 1 day or both days?

Are you staying in Denver 1 night then driving to Breck?

I guess I am asking what is your itinerary?

flying in friday night.
sleeping friday night in the foot hills (golden)
driving to breck in the AM, picking up rental gear and skiing Saturday
sleeping in Breck Saturday night
skiing Sunday
driving to Boulder Sunday night
spending the week in CO but not skiing

Smellytele

flying in friday night.
sleeping friday night in the foot hills (golden)
driving to breck in the AM, picking up rental gear and skiing Saturday
sleeping in Breck Saturday night
skiing Sunday
driving to Boulder Sunday night
spending the week in CO but not skiing

Saturday will be very tiring for you. Sunday should be better.

Hopefully traffic is better in April on Saturday mornings than it is earlier in the season.