• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015 Golf Thread

xwhaler

Figured now is as good a time as any to start this.
Anyone been out yet? I was at my local course (Exeter CC, Exeter NH) playing 9 yesterday for the 1st time.
Played alright...better than the normal 1st day of the season goes after not touching clubs since late October.
Course came through the tough winter in okay shape but the greens did take a beating on some holes.

dlague

Anyone been out yet? I was at my local course (Exeter CC, Exeter NH) playing 9 yesterday for the 1st time.
Played alright...better than the normal 1st day of the season goes after not touching clubs since late October.
Course came through the tough winter in okay shape but the greens did take a beating on some holes.

What? Played golf while there is skiable terrain?

xwhaler

What? Played golf while there is skiable terrain?
Yes! I do a good long season usually late Nov thru Early/Mid April every yr. This season I went Mid Nov to April 20th.
I love skiing but I really enjoy other interests as well....I will golf April through October and then start thinking about starting my ski season! I find it pretty cool that I can transition seamlessly between sports with very little downtime.

Late Oct-Mid November is really the only time when I don't golf or ski----too cold to golf (don't care to hit off frozen ground) and not really much for the very early season WROD.
But I stay busy dealing with leaves!

Puck it

Golf???? There is no thrill there. MTB'ing starts today for me. And you penance for the above, is to bring beers to the Zoomer Bar next year on opening day!!!

dlague

Well my wife and will golf soon and we will MTB soon as well. Eventually when the weather is warmer then kayaking, paddle boarding, half boarding and attempt surfing. We will throw in a little tennis and a hike/climb or two and then we will be ready for ski season again. Probably spend a few days holding down beach chairs.

In any case, golf is in the plans for Sunday since our son has a lacrosse game that ends at 1.

dlague

Tomorrow wil be my first day out this season , looking forward to it . havent had a club in my hand since Late October ..

Technically, we have been ready with our golf bags and ski gear loaded! Son's paintball stuff in there too!

mriceyman

Live on a golf course but due to work probably wont get out until September or so 👎

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Domeskier

My local golf course just replaced the giant clown head at the 19th hole with a new model whose mouth opens and closes. This is going to wreak havoc on my handicap.

Warp Daddy

Just back from my opening round of the season ....meh ......shot a 42/43 ...85 for 18 .

The Silly Stick and the little stick worked fine , but man , the blades were variable today . Best part of the round opening hole a Bird on a par four ..

All in all it was ok but im waiting for the weather to warm up , then you get ROLL baby ,no plugging :thumbup:

Savemeasammy

My local golf course just replaced the giant clown head at the 19th hole with a new model whose mouth opens and closes. This is going to wreak havoc on my handicap.

Did they introduce any new colors to the golf ball selection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Domeskier

Did they introduce any new colors to the golf ball selection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They introduced a nice pastel lineup last year but they looked like rotten Easter eggs by Labor Day. I've been urging them to experiment with two-tone because I bet they look super awesome speeding through the loop-the-loop between the giraffe's legs.

xwhaler

Anyone looking for a beautiful, challenging course in the Seacoast NH/Maine area should check out The Ledges in York Maine.
Played there this past Sunday afternoon...walked the full 18, playing from the blues which was a good workout! Course has a lot of hills, water....tough track...above my ability level but enjoyed it.

Course in great shape---much nicer than the only other time I played it about 5 yrs ago.

ScottySkis

Police and corrections officers in Sullivan county nyt get nice percentage off playt mid week in this area. I hear.

Warp Daddy

Played 3 times last week . Meh, still mired in the mid eighties , shot 18 hole rounds of 84/ 85/ 84 .

My approach needs work , putting and driving still ok , but i cant seem to "dial in " the approach close to the pin yet , unless i use a very "choked up " 5 hybrid ., the blades are inconsistent

It will come with more play but until then just have to be patient . Great golf weather here last week tho in the mid to hi 80's

Warp Daddy

Finally had a decent round today a 38/40/78 . Conditions are now such we are getting roll and the greens are holding well, so its easier to dial in the approach shot . :grin:

xwhaler

Wknd # 2 coming up of a tour of Maine golf courses
Last wknd: Links at Outlook S Berwick ME
This wknd: Diadema North Anson ME
Next: Belgrade Lakes (really looking fwd to this as it's a top 100 in the US and consistently #1 public in ME)

splunge

Let me know how it goes at outlook, I might be playing a tournament there later in the summer. I play mostly around the Merrimack valley area in MA, my home course is Long Meadow in Tewksbury.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone