• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Injury List

Puck it

MRI is back and saw ortho. Need surgery to remove bone spur limiting motion. 2-3 month recovery.

SkiFanE

yes and no. If I wait it could make it tougher to get to recover. But I have already waiting this long. Seeing another ortho on 10/11 to get another opinion.
Good luck on second opinion. Hopefully you can delay. But if not, you know it's going to be the year of huge snow and we all thank you immensely :)

SkiFanE

omg I'm such a roller coaster wimp - Polar coaster at Storyland is all I can take, and only if kid begged me and I had no other choice lol. Discovered an old CatScan result when it was 4mm...doctor didn't even mention it (grew to 1.4 over next 18 mos, I had no clue). And during that 18 mos I skied over 100 days, 90% bump time. The last winter after a bump run I'd have to rest a bit and let pain subside and then go again. You'd think I'd have jiggled the damn thing out lol. (Doctor told me pain was from a "female" issue that Google told me shouldn't even cause pain. Of course doc said I must be "different" and wanted to rip out all my parts...thank god I stopped that and went back for more tests. Young surgeons see someone with decent insurance and they just want to open you up...this was MGH..). I'd have killed doctor if I went thru that for nothing lol.

Bene288

Alleged carpal tunnel. Had surgery 3 months ago and has only gotten worse. Can hardly tie my shoes, grip etc. Looks like I'll have to ask strangers in the lodge to buckle my ski boots and hockey tape my ski pole to my hand..

dlague

Alleged carpal tunnel. Had surgery 3 months ago and has only gotten worse. Can hardly tie my shoes, grip etc. Looks like I'll have to ask strangers in the lodge to buckle my ski boots and hockey tape my ski pole to my hand..

Well at least you seem to find humor in it all.

prsboogie

Shit who did the surgery so I don't use them! That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Bene288

Have you tried treating the issues via specific types of therapy/exercising...y/n? Am sure Scotty can recommend some insightful therapy:grin: ....any new therapies covered(via insurance) or not might be worth a shot.
$.01

Yes, I've been attending OT. Staying optimistic!