• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Resort Opening Dates

drjeff

Mount Snow got between 6 and 12"+ depending on the elevation, and overnight they were able to increase the number of guns running from just over 130 to just under 170!!! :fangun: :snow: :daffy:

Opening day Thursday is now pretty much a given!

I stand corrected, Mount Snow just announced that they pushed opening day up from Thursday to Wednesday!

Jully

It's really three trails: Ben (which they have three different names for but is really just one trail), Range View, and Crawford's Blaze, plus a learner's trail. I think these are typically the trails they open first.

Anyway, woohoo is right! I'm very tempted to use a sick day tomorrow...

Might be doing the same... Was considering K, but I have early season tix to BW that I have to burn. Additionally there's still a chance K won't be top to bottom by Tuesday, but it looks like they probably will be.

SnowRock

Would love if Hunter could get open by Friday... kind of stuck locally this week/weekend but definitely want to get out. If not, targeting December 2 as first day out up at Stowe, but always like getting a day in November if I can.

tnt1234

Would love if Hunter could get open by Friday... kind of stuck locally this week/weekend but definitely want to get out. If not, targeting December 2 as first day out up at Stowe, but always like getting a day in November if I can.

Seems like Hunter and Belleayre have a shot at it....

SIKSKIER

From Cannon:pretty impresive.From GM JD:Cannon peeps... 540 new HKD & SnowLogic guns means we're flowing 4,000 gallons per minute right now on Gary's, Rocket, Zoomer, Paulie's, TimeZone, Lower Cannon, and Lower Gremlin... with only one compressor running... unprecedented firepower for us at these mid-hi 20's temps
Holy crap.Could be opening with much of the front 5.

bdfreetuna

Jiminy Peak got 20". A little surprised they are only opening with 9 trails (I assume some upper/lower trails) considering. But they should have a very good opening Friday.

dlague

It is cool when Killington opens earlier than others, but when you go a month with that as the only option having news of others is even sweeter. We had a similar issue here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

slatham

Bromley will open this weekend, maybe on Friday. They will make the call on Wednesday as to whether its Fri or Sat.

Amazing that Jiminy picked up 20". Obviously a nice Lake-enhanced band set up for them (and Woodford VT too, which so far has the highest total I have seen - 25"!!!)

SIKSKIER

Looks like Bretton Woods will the second mt to open.
Wahoo!!! The 2016-17 Ski Season is here. Tomorrow the Zephyr High-Speed Quad will start spinning at 9am servicing our Range View Trail

yeggous

Looks like Bretton Woods will the second mt to open.
Wahoo!!! The 2016-17 Ski Season is here. Tomorrow the Zephyr High-Speed Quad will start spinning at 9am servicing our Range View Trail

They already were last weekend. You mean re-open.

yeggous

Right now its Gulch, LJ to Deer to base, Cascade to Canyon.LaunchPad

Maybe they expand tomorrow or Wed?

Hmmm, will there be lines on Wednesday? I could be convinced to make the trek.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app