• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

KustyTheKlown

ski vt offers a limited batch of them in the early season. its $200 and is good 5 days and can be used one time each at any vt ski area

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sugarloaf is less than an hour further from NJ/NY than SR and it is beyond worth it when the base is this deep up there. The quality of terrain is like comparing Stowe to Stratton.

Zermatt

So torn on what pass to buy, still have time to decide, but would love some input. 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 6 year old next season.

This season we did Pico passes. We have access to a free place to stay about 28 miles away from Pico (totally free, no cost ever to stay there except driving 4 hours and food). We are 35 miles from Killington and about 45 to Okemo.

Was really leaning toward the Max Pass and getting in two trips out west next year, but we decided to go back to Zermatt in January ($500 airfare sealed the deal for 2018 trip) for a week and a Christmas trip to Colorado seems like it will cost too much to justify it, even with free lift tickets on a Max Pass. Could still do a Christmas trip to Tremblant or some other drivable place on the Max Pass.

All in with tax it will be $1,119 for Pico passes less $100 back in on mountain credit to spend. All in for Max Pass will be $1,916 and I assume no tax. We could also skip the Max Pass for the 6 year old and ski free at most places, so it would be $329 less.

We would likely use Max days at Pico on the busy days then on Sundays hit K-ton, Okemo or even Stratton then just continue home to CT. We never did any day trips this year, but Windham is tempting now and only 130 miles.

Other option. Get Pico passes for everyone and I get the Max add on for solo excursions

KustyTheKlown

at the very least get your self a max pass add on. skiing pico alone all season would be terribly boring imo. and you can get out to colorado on the super cheap if you aren't with your whole family. i just did a 2 week trip for ~$2k all in flights/lodging/transport/lifts

Zermatt

at the very least get your self a max pass add on. skiing pico alone all season would be terribly boring imo. and you can get out to colorado on the super cheap if you aren't with your whole family. i just did a 2 week trip for ~$2k all in flights/lodging/transport/lifts

Truth, flying is so much cheaper with 75% less people. Doing a 5 day solo trip to Switzerland this summer for well under $2k all in.

sankaty

Do I understand correctly that if I buy the My Pico Pass with the MAX add on I get 5 unrestricted days at Killington? Also, it looks like the addon doesn't make much sense for kids under 12, correct? I'd be better off just getting them jr Pico passes for $189 and the standalone MAX for $329, correct?

This seems like a great deal. Basically $100 for unlimited Pico days over the cost of the standalone MAX.

Zermatt

Do I understand correctly that if I buy the My Pico Pass with the MAX add on I get 5 unrestricted days at Killington? Also, it looks like the addon doesn't make much sense for kids under 12, correct? I'd be better off just getting them jr Pico passes for $189 and the standalone MAX for $329, correct?

This seems like a great deal. Basically $100 for unlimited Pico days over the cost of the standalone MAX.

Wha makes you think the Add On won't work for a My Pico pass for a 10 year old? I assume only the adult pass has to be over $350 to qualify.

4aprice

So torn on what pass to buy, still have time to decide, but would love some input. 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 6 year old next season.

This season we did Pico passes. We have access to a free place to stay about 28 miles away from Pico (totally free, no cost ever to stay there except driving 4 hours and food). We are 35 miles from Killington and about 45 to Okemo.

Was really leaning toward the Max Pass and getting in two trips out west next year, but we decided to go back to Zermatt in January ($500 airfare sealed the deal for 2018 trip) for a week and a Christmas trip to Colorado seems like it will cost too much to justify it, even with free lift tickets on a Max Pass. Could still do a Christmas trip to Tremblant or some other drivable place on the Max Pass.

All in with tax it will be $1,119 for Pico passes less $100 back in on mountain credit to spend. All in for Max Pass will be $1,916 and I assume no tax. We could also skip the Max Pass for the 6 year old and ski free at most places, so it would be $329 less.

We would likely use Max days at Pico on the busy days then on Sundays hit K-ton, Okemo or even Stratton then just continue home to CT. We never did any day trips this year, but Windham is tempting now and only 130 miles.

Other option. Get Pico passes for everyone and I get the Max add on for solo excursions

Don't forget you have Mt Sunapee too. Not a bad drive from Ct.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

medfordmike

Based on the FAQs on Qualifying Passes on the Max site as far as adults yes I think you get 5 days at Killington. The site lists when any of the Max mountains are excluded from the five days. So if you have a Killington Midweek - Pico and Killington are excluded. Okemo, Killington, Pico, and Sunapee are excluded from the 4.0 college pass.

For Pico they only show Pico as excluded. The "home" mountain is always excluded in the add on. In the case of Pico they only have a full pass so it doesn't really matter, you can't fill in a blackout pass with Max at Pico anyway. At first I was surprised but then I thought about it and realized why would Killington want you going to Okemo or Stratton vs them? If you are a Pico passholder you are in the Killington area at least on weekends. Why give up food & beverage to somebody else and whatever revenue they get from Max use? Maybe it is wishful thinking but I hope I am right. If so I will gladly do the add on.

I don't have kids so can't help you on that front.

sankaty

Wha makes you think the Add On won't work for a My Pico pass for a 10 year old? I assume only the adult pass has to be over $350 to qualify.

You are correct! I didn't notice that there is a youth MAX add-on for 229. So I can get the kids the Pico Pass for $189 plus the $229 add-on for a total of $418. Basically, it adds $90 to the cost of the MAX youth pass to get unlimited Pico skiing. Sold!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Zermatt

You are correct! I didn't notice that there is a youth MAX add-on for 229. So I can get the kids the Pico Pass for $189 plus the $229 add-on for a total of $418. Basically, it adds $90 to the cost of the MAX youth pass to get unlimited Pico skiing. Sold!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Might be a flaw here. It's cheaper for a 6 year old to buy a Pico pass and the Max Add On then just the straight Max Pass.

boston_e

Sugarbush seems to have responded to the Epic pass:

Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass (ages 40 - 64) for only $799, a Senior Premium Pass (ages 65 - 79) for $699, a Silver Senior Premium Pass (ages 80 - 89) for $149, a 90+ Premium Pass at no cost, a Youth Premium Pass (ages 7 - 18) for $349, a For20s Premium Pass (ages 19 - 29) for $349, and a new For30s Premium Pass (ages 30 - 39) for $549. These spring prices will be available until May 3rd and do not include the 6% sales tax that Vermont charges. All of our Premium Passes are valid every day that Sugarbush is open for skiing and riding, and they also include enrollment in the Mountain Collective program, which offers a 50% discount off the day ticket price at all Mountain Collective members other than Sugarbush

boston_e

Might be a flaw here. It's cheaper for a 6 year old to buy a Pico pass and the Max Add On then just the straight Max Pass.

I think most if not many, mountains have free lift tickets for kids under 6, so how many under 6 max passes do they sell anyway?

Pico sells those under 6 passes primarily for a direct to lift convenience.

sankaty

Okemo is out with their early purchase pricing, valid through April 30th. All passes are MAX add-on eligible.

Pass: Age 19-64/13-18/7-12/65-69/70-79
Ultimate: 1139/819/749/679/459
Classic...: 849/519/425/469/335

Edit:
Ultimate is unrestricted, includes 3 days at Killington plus other winter/summer activities
Classic includes unrestricted Okemo/Sunapee skiing

Midweek
7-69: 379
70+: 259

College 4.0: 369

Edited to correct ultimate/classic info

Last edited:

cdskier

Okemo is out with their early purchase pricing, valid through April 30th. All passes are MAX add-on eligible.

Ultimate is unrestricted, Classic blacks out holidays

Actually, looks like Classic is unrestricted from what I'm reading. Ultimate adds 3 free Killington lift tickets, access to non-skiing activities (Adventure zone, Bike Park, Ice House, etc), and some other additional resort discounts.

How does this compare to last year? This seems a bit cheaper than I remember, although I don't follow Okemo that closely.

Morewood

Ultimate is unrestricted, Classic blacks out holidays

Midweek
7-69: 379
70+: 259

College 4.0: 369

Classic is NOT blacked out on Holidays

[h=1]2017/18 Classic Season Pass[/h][h=2]Benefits and Prices:[/h][FONT=&quot]
2017-18-season-pass-classic-icon.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Still have questions regarding season passes? Please view the Okemo Season Passes FAQ or contact Resort Services by phone (802-228-1600) or via email.[/FONT]

TheArchitect

The MAX pass goes up in price from $629 on 5/1 but does anyone know how much it traditionally has gone up from that early price? I'm considering getting one but I'd like to wait longer to make the decision if I can.