• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2020-21 Sunday River

Andrew B.

I wasn’t aware of this. Is Sliders too overwhelmed on weekends?
I don’t think sliders has much to do with it. If anything it’s more likely the success and overcrowded space of mountain room. Plus the north peak lodge is a bit worn.
A restaurant on top of Jordan would give them a summit restaurant with a view of Mount Washington along with a better wedding venue.
It also goes with the idea of the opening up more terrain west of Jordan.

bigbob

I always considered Sliders to be part of the Jordon Grand and not part of the mountain. I have never considered eating there. Some sort of lodge is needed at the west end and with the success of the new Killington Peak lodge I think a Jordon Peak Lodge would do well and is much needed.

Edd

Funny, I used to hit Sliders regularly because it was more mellow than the rest with a decent menu. I can see the wedding venue angle though, the views from the top of Jordan are great.

Andrew B.

Sliders deck in the spring is a great place to stop for lunch.
The menu is kind of “meh” since they went to Italian.

machski

Yes, but multiple food trucks staged in the wedding meadow just below the Jordan Hotel this year should provide a few more options out that way. I believe the Jordan summit restaurant to be several years out yet.

machski

Opening of the 8 is delayed, latest video. Date TBD.

At least it has nothing to do with the lift itself and everything to do with the weather and not getting the type of coverage in by next weekend they wanted out there for grand opening. Must have just made the call, they haven't even updated the first chair raffle page yet. If only the new feedline had been finished.....

bigbob

At least it has nothing to do with the lift itself and everything to do with the weather and not getting the type of coverage in by next weekend they wanted out there for grand opening. Must have just made the call, they haven't even updated the first chair raffle page yet. If only the new feedline had been finished.....
It sounds like they feel there is currently not enough terrain open or will be open by next weekend at Jordon. Agree on having the new feed line complete would make it faster to open new terrain over there. Boyne is making investments where the customer will notice a difference when out on the mountain, and this holds true for the Loaf and Loon also.

Newpylong

It would have but there's only so much you can do in one off-season and they learned from biting off too much the past two. The in house crews were full bore on the Jordan 8 leaving their contractors to do all the snowmaking. The last weld on Kansas wasn't finished until last week. They worked 12 hour days 6 days a week all summer into fall. Not a shot the feed could have been done. Also, there aren't enough pumps in the new Booster Station. There were only two installed to handle Spruce for this year.

machski

It would have but there's only so much you can do in one off-season and they learned from biting off too much the past two. The in house crews were full bore on the Jordan 8 leaving their contractors to do all the snowmaking. The last weld on Kansas wasn't finished until last week. They worked 12 hour days 6 days a week all summer into fall. Not a shot the feed could have been done. Also, there aren't enough pumps in the new Booster Station. There were only two installed to handle Spruce for this year.
Yeah, nature hasn't helped either. From what I could see on the Skiesta Cam today, they were making snow heavily into Aurora and just Lolla over in Jordan. They probably didn't want to skip over Aurora either (as in, just make the crossing of Aludra to Cyclone and Kansas to Lights Out) prior to the Jordan opening in hopes of having Aurora going too to ease the load. Otherwise everyone will just bolt into Jordan to check this new marvel out first thing (though many will jump right thru without skiing Aurora when it opens)

Riverveteran

Big challenge for me with Sliders is being able to race to the bottom fast enough after eating there to find a bathroom, new Jordan chair should help.

machski

New Grand Opening for Jordan 8 is Monday 12/26 at 930am. Enough time for those that want to make their way over from WC/Barker/SR. Who knows if you'll need ice skates or not though.