• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/22@ Blue..the fat lady is singing!!!

Hey All,

I'm back from a morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. When I woke up this morning, I was so freaking tired and I wanted to sleep in so badly but I forced my stank ass out of bed and I arrived at the lower lot at 735AM. Toast was drinking beer in the parking lot and A-Jeff was booting up. I drank my fair share of beer and shots yesterday and much to Toasts dismay, I turned down his offer of drinking a beer, a potent ass'd golden monkey at that. A minute later, PASRs favorite purple haired gaper Johnny Style showed up. The temperature was below freezing under mostly cloudy skys. They actually scanned us in a few minutes before 8AM. The snow was fa fa fa fast and well groomed. We mainly skied Razors edge along with runs down Burma, Challenge, Dreamweaver, Paradise, Switchback and Crazy Mile.

Ski patrollers were out in full force..mainly for the commaraderie and not for speed enforcement. PASRs favorite patroller..Hans the Woodman was out skiing with a newb and dressed like a goob. I was tired..and I still had some thick greenslime snot..I almost hit a squirrel with a lugey(sp??). After 2 hours and 15 runs A-Jeff and I decided on 3 more runs to close out the season. First a speed run down Lazy mile to the falls..I had enough speed for some mad steezy air off the falls. Then Razors edge followed by a tuck run down Paradise..sort of an FU to all the idiot ski patrollers. 18 runs in 2.5 hours was the perfect session for me. There was no way I was going to make it to the season pass party or pond skimming at 1PM..After skiing the past 12 days in a row and..18 of the last 19 days..I'm a little Burnt out on Blue and looking forward to hit some other places in the post-season..especially Stowe Easter weekend with some PASRs but also Camelsack Friday/Saturday.

It was a damn shame Blue closed with wall to wall coverage on all of their runs. I miss the old days when Blue would stay open longer than Camelback and CB season passholders would ski at Blue late-season..now it's the other way around. Despite the early closing and overzealous ski patrollers, it was a really nice ski season at Blue and they were open almost 4 months with an opening of November 28th...they were evening cleaning up the garbage under the lift today. The next day I ski Blue, I'll be 30 years old.. :eek: and I'll still be rapping like a mo-fo and skiing down the steps..but I'll likely have a hot skibunny girlfriend...look for my next Blue report in 8+ months....

Moe Ghoul

bad investment?

No complaints, it knocked down the average cost per day for me and I skied free twice, once for getting stuck on the 6pk that day we had about 6" of fresh overnite, and another time the scanner dude was too busy fiddling with his sandwich and we just walked thru. My average cost was under $30/day including the days before Jan 1.