• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

skiur

Nothing wrong with a few beers and skiing. Now if you were getting wasted and skiing that's a different story.

BodeMiller1

People treat them like cows. Get to close and they get stomped. Same with bison
One of my dad's friends raises bison in NH. I asked if my old dog could run around with them. They guy said your dog will be killed quickly. So...

eatskisleep

Everybody's different and this is a free country. Drink don't drink it's your choice. I say have fun and don't preach.
I agree. But as long as you’re still skiing safely and not putting others in danger by being reckless.

Kingslug20

At Hunter a kid pulled out a whole quart of Jack Daniel's on the chair...
Wonder if he ever made it home...

ColdRain&Snow

Welcome lots of LOL here. Stick around and contribute. Good people with a lot of knowledge here.

Thx, it seems like a festive crew.

Probably can’t provide much with ski gear expertise, will likely ask a lot of questions. Maybe I can contribute to the humor here.

I’m getting set up with boots at gmol with bill after thanksgiving, so maybe I can document the fitting experience and testing out whatever he recommends for me.

snoseek

Thx, it seems like a festive crew.

Probably can’t provide much with ski gear expertise, will likely ask a lot of questions. Maybe I can contribute to the humor here.

I’m getting set up with boots at gmol with bill after thanksgiving, so maybe I can document the fitting experience and testing out whatever he recommends for me.
Lots of dopesmoking deadheads on here. Welcome.

skiur

Need to take that rain word out of your name, just make it cold&snow! :p

John9

I have never skied under the influence of anything except adrenaline. The parking lot often smells like I imagine a Greatfull Dead show must have, coming and leaving. No idea how much people drink. I guess it works for some people. Afterwards sure, I understand that.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

About 3x I have had a beer at a skiing lunch break when I was with a group of friends who ordered beers. Each time when I got back out on the snow I found my legs felt considerably worse skiing than they had in the AM or in the PM when I had not had a beer. Not about being intoxicated - about impact on leg muscle performance in an athletic activity.

Based on this, I have not had even one beer in the middle of a ski day for at least a decade.

I will often have a beer or glass of wine around 930-10 pm on a multi day ski trip as I find this helpful to get to sleep earlier than I normally do, and therefore be more rested if I want to hit the slopes close to the time lifts open in the AM.

Last edited: