• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

NYDB

Cannabis makes you ski and snowboard better. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

maybe not for racer types, or your hard carving dentist types. But for free riding this phenomenon is well understood.

it’s been peer reviewed.

booze just fucks with your balance. Not good while skiing or riding or mountain biking.

Daydrinking is stupid unless you aren’t doing anything more athletic than cornhole.

KustyTheKlown

What is the approximate cost per year to do this?

not that much. my weed guy is one of my lifelong best friends, i basically pay cost. i get an ounce for $150 and that lasts me 3-4 weeks.

i splurge on vape cartridges at dispensaries because i don't like smoking out my apartment and sometimes am too lazy to go outside. the vape smell doesn't linger at all.

being a daily drinker at a bar would cost a lot more.

cdskier

not that much. my weed guy is one of my lifelong best friends, i basically pay cost. i get an ounce for $150 and that lasts me 3-4 weeks.

i splurge on vape cartridges at dispensaries because i don't like smoking out my apartment and sometimes am too lazy to go outside. the vape smell doesn't linger at all.

I'm pretty sure that even my 1-2 glasses of wine a day with dinner at home cost more than that...

Granite1

no. i smoke pot every day of my life and have since i was 14 years old. smoking pot is a regular part of my skiing and general life.

yes. i pretty much only drink socially, so i don't crush beers on the lift by myself, and i ski alone more often than with people.

if its really cold I'll sip on a whiskey flask a little bit. but i ski without drinking at all more often than not. in the spring its more likely

Is this one or two hits weed and you're stoned?

KustyTheKlown

i dont know how to quantify that. it's good weed. the same weed that would be sold in a dispensary for $50 per 1/8th ounce or more. i just have very high tolerance. the only thing that will get me stoned to a level where its like being 'on drugs' is a dab of concentrates - that is basically a sticky oil/wax substance that is just concentrated thc and you 'dab' by heating the bowlpiece part of a specialty built pipe with a small blowtorch, and then you touch (or 'dab') the sticky to the hot and it blasts you with highly concentrated smoke that makes you cough your lungs out and be high like you are 14 years old behind the elementary school. regular weed doesn't do that to me anymore. it kind of just 'is'. its a very natural state of being for me and isn't 'intoxicated'. its subtle. its more than nothing. if it was nothing i wouldn't do it. but its not 'fucked up' in any sense.

BodeMiller1

Cannabis makes you ski and snowboard better. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

maybe not for racer types, or your hard carving dentist types. But for free riding this phenomenon is well understood.

it’s been peer reviewed.

booze just fucks with your balance. Not good while skiing or riding or mountain biking.

Daydrinking is stupid unless you aren’t doing anything more athletic than cornhole.
These are all excellent points.

Once again you have crystalizzed my thoughts eloquently.

Meow (spelling)

BenedictGomez

I'm pretty sure that even my 1-2 glasses of wine a day with dinner at home cost more than that...

His cost is $2,235 a year based on his figures.

Based on your stated consumption, your cost is $1,642.50 based on $15 AVG bottle, and you match his annual cost at $20.41 per bottle.

BodeMiller1

Is this one or two hits weed and you're stoned?
i dont know how to quantify that. it's good weed. the same weed that would be sold in a dispensary for $50 per 1/8th ounce or more. i just have very high tolerance. the only thing that will get me stoned to a level where its like being 'on drugs' is a dab of concentrates - that is basically a sticky oil/wax substance that is just concentrated thc and you 'dab' by heating the bowlpiece part of a specialty built pipe with a small blowtorch, and then you touch (or 'dab') the sticky to the hot and it blasts you with highly concentrated smoke that makes you cough your lungs out and be high like you are 14 years old behind the elementary school. regular weed doesn't do that to me anymore. it kind of just 'is'. its a very natural state of being for me and isn't 'intoxicated'. its subtle. its more than nothing. if it was nothing i wouldn't do it. but its not 'fucked up' in any sense.

My favorite part of Jay Peak is the lift.

Back on topic: You can take my bong when you pri it from my cold dead hands.

Good article on this in the Manchester Union Leader. N.H. is a weed island.

This is what they don't tell you.

Jay Peak is big and so are are her hands.

woem tuo -

KustyTheKlown

NH is a weed island and its stupid. 'live free or die' my ass.

vermont rec sales started on oct 1

KustyTheKlown

I smoke every day and it costs me next to nothing. Only costs for me are fertilizer.

nice. i dont have the space or the patience. i tend to kill the most common of houseplants. maybe one day tho when i eventually move to a house not in a city.

cdskier

His cost is $2,235 a year based on his figures.

Based on your stated consumption, your cost is $1,642.50 based on $15 AVG bottle, and you match his annual cost at $20.41 per bottle.

I'm at $20.15/bottle average so far this year for the bottles I drank (my average bottle price per year since 2010 has varied between $17.95 and $21.36). I'm likely closer to at least 3 bottles a week (1-2 glasses midweek with dinner, but weekends are more like 2-3 glasses a day as I'll open a bottle and drink while I'm cooking). So at 3 bottles a week at that current average, I'd be at ~$3100 a year.

KustyTheKlown

$20 wine is classy. on the rare occasion i drink wine, we're in the sub $10 category :ROFLMAO:

i do like craft beer and have spent some silly amounts on certain beers, but since like memorial day i reverted to budweiser and pabst and haven't really been missing 8% IPAs or fancy aged sours. i will def get my stout and porter on once its cold tho

thebigo

NH may be a weed island but it is also a tax island. Thing that makes new england the best corner of the country is six states with similar culture and climate but different governance. The citizen is free to choose which of the six states most closely match their beliefs without moving half way across the country. Far better than being stuck in the middle of Texas or California.

I support legalization of weed but not too keen on maine's approach that has put a green cross on every street corner. Now if the state of NH could figure a way to sell weed and harder drugs at the existing state liquor stores, then funnel the revenue back to the local school districts, I would be 100% on board.

cdskier

$20 wine is classy. on the rare occasion i drink wine, we're in the sub $10 category :ROFLMAO:

I've talked about it in other threads here...but I'm a huge proponent of wine from the Finger Lakes in NY. Most of the standard bottlings are in the $15-25 range. Single vineyard stuff or reserve/limited production wines can be much higher.

I also love French wines (Bordeaux/Burgundy)...most of those are going to be $25+ minimum for a decent bottle these days.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

I support legalization of weed but not too keen on maine's approach that has put a green cross on every street corner. Now if the state of NH could figure a way to sell weed and harder drugs at the existing state liquor stores, then funnel the revenue back to the local school districts, I would be 100% on board.

its pretty mellow in jersey so far. not that many dispensaries and they are generally not very garish to look at. they blend in. may change when more licenses are given out.

in NYC its the fuckin wild west right now. its legal but there's no legal distribution yet and shops and trucks and guys just setting up tables on the sidewalk are everywhere. also lots of private member clubs sprouting up in the city.

i haven't been to portland in ages, but i didn't find the cannabis shops to be particularly in your face near sunday river.

denver is how you describe maine - green crosses everywhere, billboards, etc.

in my experience Canada strikes the right balance. its readily available but not in your face, and i don't think outdoor advertising like billboards is allowed. in quebec the only retailers are state owned. in alberta its not that way, and i haven't been to bc but i reckon bc will be quite similar to the situation in washington state and colorado

Edd

NH may be a weed island but it is also a tax island. Thing that makes new england the best corner of the country is six states with similar culture and climate but different governance. The citizen is free to choose which of the six states most closely match their beliefs without moving half way across the country. Far better than being stuck in the middle of Texas or California.

I believe polling in NH has shown firm majority support for legalization, it’s perplexing how they’ve dragged their feet for so long, leaving $ on the table.

If they insist on funneling it through the liquor stores, fine by me, I guess. Since Maine and MA stores are so close anyway I’d just shop at the cheapest place.

Live Free or Die seems to amount to the right to not have car insurance, not wear a helmet on your motorcycle, and not wear a seatbelt. Cool.

Smellytele

its pretty mellow in jersey so far. not that many dispensaries and they are generally not very garish to look at. they blend in. may change when more licenses are given out.

in NYC its the fuckin wild west right now. its legal but there's no legal distribution yet and shops and trucks and guys just setting up tables on the sidewalk are everywhere. also lots of private member clubs sprouting up in the city.

i haven't been to portland in ages, but i didn't find the cannabis shops to be particularly in your face near sunday river.

denver is how you describe maine - green crosses everywhere, billboards, etc.

in my experience Canada strikes the right balance. its readily available but not in your face, and i don't think outdoor advertising like billboards is allowed. in quebec the only retailers are state owned. in alberta its not that way, and i haven't been to bc but i reckon bc will be quite similar to the situation in washington state and colorado
The Sunday river area has at least 5 recreational shops. Not complaining just saying.
Noticed down near the boarder in ME not many shops selling "recreational" tons selling medical.

I was just in Boulder Co and not the same as Denver. Shops didn't have the green crosses but going into one was like going into a speak easy in the 20's. Slots in the door replaced with intercom/camera systems.

1dog

Isn't 'it' (be it alcohol or weed or 'harder drugs') not the actual problem, but the abuse of 'it'?

Used responsibly, the 1st two aren't really a problem. Since we have a much less responsible society, we have and will have more problems than solutions.

Without doing a nickels worth of research, I'll bet alcohol does and has done far more damage than the other two put together. ( including the unfettered loads of fentanyl pouring over the porous border - 107K deaths 2021 alone.

What boggles the mind is the willingness to give government ( local, state or feds) control and cash from the taxation of the stuff.

Gambling, booze, and the like are huge cash-printing mechanisms for the government(s). How have they been on the thrift-side of spending only what they have ?

Yet we still happily hand it over for our chosen libation(s). Quite weed years ago, but I tell my friends,- most who haven't- stick with the underground dealer. And most have. NH doesn't need more cash, its people do. Otherwise it could be changed to ' Feel Free to Die'.