• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

ironhippy

If you start to think drinking and skiing are bad, take a look at golf.

The course provides you with motorized vehicles to drive around and then a young girl comes by and sells you beer for 4 hours. After you finish, you drive home on the public roads. Ridiculous on every level.

skiur

The course provides you with motorized vehicles to drive around and then a young girl comes by and sells you beer for 4 hours. After you finish, you drive home on the public roads. Ridiculous on every level.
Why is it ridiculous? It's the responsibility of the person to not drink too much if they need to drive afterwards.

drjeff

It's just as easy to waive the beverage cart operator off as it is to waive them over - the bigger issue, and I agree that it is an issue, is the culture among some has certainly increased over the years (for both skiing and golf, and many other sporting activities that certainly can have a social component to them) that there's no way that you could possibly have a good time while on the course, or the slopes, or the playing field if you don't have some booze or other subtance iinvolved. That's a completely different topic, and one that certainly brings out some strong opinions in some on both sides of the debate

NYDB

I found a photo of drinking schnapps from condiment cups!! It's from about 6 years ago after a great day at Snowbird. You're not in it, but you might recognize a few of the faces. Let me know if you come to Utah this winter and want to ski Snowbird or Solitude.

View attachment 54851

Prost!
View attachment 54850
I see you are practicing safe drinking by keeping your helmet on. Good choice.

and someone needs to tell that guy in the green shirt about bibs. And light beer.

ironhippy

Why is it ridiculous? It's the responsibility of the person to not drink too much if they need to drive afterwards.
In my country (Canada) it is illegal to operate ANY motorized vehicle while consuming alcohol. If I ride my lawnmower while drinking a beer, I can be charged with a DUI.

However I can go to a golf course, rent a motorized vehicle, and then that same golf course will send someone over to sell me as much booze as I want to buy.

I find that to be ridiculous, but I guess others don't have a problem with it 🤷‍♂️

darent

skied with a Russian all morning at Pico many moons ago, every time he got on the lift the flask came out. Guy could hold his Vodka, I would have been crawling on the ground after all those shots I wait till after to imbibe

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
skied with a Russian all morning at Pico many moons ago, every time he got on the lift the flask came out. Guy could hold his Vodka, I would have been crawling on the ground after all those shots I wait till after to imbibe
Is … potato.

Riverveteran

Is the beer free?

snoseek

I've worked many many years at Country Clubs and the amount of low key alcoholism is crazy. If you're the bartender or server it takes a special skill and shutting a member down just doesn't work how it does in a normal business. A bold cop could clean house on DUI's

Edit-that leads to the question do all you guys that wait for apres slam beers and hit the road? Thats my justification for the 1045 beer break.

Last edited:

SteezyRob

All of this drug talk is gross... don't care if you do it but when I can smell it it gets pretty annoying. One of the benefits of MRG in my experience, not to correlate anything :)

KustyTheKlown

Cannabis is as much a “drug” as coffee, narc who joined this board just to cry about weed conversation

skiur

Tobacco is worse for you and smells much worse than pot. Also the smell of tobacco lingers much longer than pot. You walk into a cigarette smokers house or car and it stinks even if it hasn't been smoked in for days. The smell of pot is gone in an hour.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Lot of folks still guilty of falling for the reefer madness propaganda unfortunately.

It's the reason it's taken THIS long to reach legalization. Yet alcohol which has a massively worse impact on society is constantly celebrated by almost everyone. It should be common knowledge for everyone that alcohol is far worse for you and society than THC. It's really not debatable.

1dog

Lot of folks still guilty of falling for the reefer madness propaganda unfortunately.

It's the reason it's taken THIS long to reach legalization. Yet alcohol which has a massively worse impact on society is constantly celebrated by almost everyone. It should be common knowledge for everyone that alcohol is far worse for you and society than THC. It's really not debatable.
Amen DHS. But the fact that it 'took this long' ( for government purposes) is only, and always about money. Between alcohol, gambling,( lottery especially ), cigarettes, and now weed, the amount of cash flow to local, state and federal governments is astronomical.

Sin tax? Sure, a good excuse. keep everything legal, but stay out of our collective pockets? Never happen.

Meanwhile Kusty might be practicing law, but he should be compensated for the entertainment value on this board. Marvelous Ms Maisel? Maybe not, but Klowning Kernal Kusty could be made into a great series . . .