• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

skiur

I'd be afraid of weed being laced with fentanyl.

By the way, driving when stoned should have the same punishments as driving drunk. When you are stoned-you are impaired-and you shouldn't be driving putting the lives of others at risk. Drunks and stoners should stay off the ski slopes too. If you can't go skiing for a day without getting drunk and doing drugs, you have a problem.

Seems more like you have a problem. Ski resorts have enough trouble staying profitable, if you took away bar profits most of them will close and you will have no where to ski. Take the stick out of your ass.

Granite1

Granite reminds me of a lady that rode the gondola with us at snow basin. The gondola smelled like herb and she went on and on about how she couldn’t believe people would smoke weed and ski. Lasted the whole ride. Super annoying. She didn’t figure out it was the weed in my pocket that was stinking it up. Had to wait until the next ride to burn one.
Smoking week in a gondola is disrespectful towards others-period. In addition, it violates the smoking policy of every ski area in the entire country and you should lose your pass for that day. If you have to smoke in the gondola, not only do you have a drug problem, you are very selfish.

NYDB

Granite reminds me of a lady that rode the gondola with us at snow basin. The gondola smelled like herb and she went on and on about how she couldn’t believe people would smoke weed and ski. Lasted the whole ride. Super annoying. She didn’t figure out it was the weed in my pocket that was stinking it up. Had to wait until the next ride to burn one.
he reminds of someone who used to post in a bike forum I frequented She couldn't understand how people could use Marijuana while mountain biking and how it was ruining the sport, etc. on and on.

and I was like.....uh it's literally the reason the sport was invented. a group of guys rode to the top of Mt Tam to smoke weed and race down.

sometimes marijuana makes it easier to enter the flow state.

it's as simple as that.

nice looking buds Thatguy.

Granite1

he reminds of someone who used to post in a bike forum I frequented She couldn't understand how people could use Marijuana while mountain biking and how it was ruining the sport, etc. on and on.

and I was like.....uh it's literally the reason the sport was invented. a group of guys rode to the top of Mt Tam to smoke weed and race down.

sometimes marijuana makes it easier to enter the flow state.

it's as simple as that.

nice looking buds Thatguy.
So, you're saying skiing was invented so people could smoke dope and ski stoned?

skiur

So, you're saying skiing was invented so people could smoke dope and ski stoned?
No, skiing was invented so that people living up in the mountains could get down to the valley quickly. But back then everyone drank alcohol as water often contained parasites which the alcohol killed so people have been drinking and skiing since the beginning of skiing.

eatskisleep

I’ll do the occasional beer, like after getting to the top of Hillman’s Highway or Left Gully on Mount Washington, sit and chill for a bit. I max out at 1 beer while skiing, I like to be on my A-game. After skiing I’ll have one or two apres.

snoseek

Drunks and stoners should stay off the ski slopes too. If you can't go skiing for a day without getting drunk and doing drugs, you have a problem.
Then Why the fuck can I sit in the lodge at the top of a mountain, order a beer or two and ski down? Maybe you should find a ski resort that doesn't sell booze? In all my travels I've found one...Beaver mtn Utah.

I agree about what you said about smoking dope on the gondola though thats just rude. The woods are the proper place for that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I sometimes miss the social / ritual aspect of safety meetings, but since legalization in Mass and Maine, I've 100% transitioned to edibles.

Hope Granite doesn't get offended by me eating a piece of chocolate on the Gondola.

Granite1

No, skiing was invented so that people living up in the mountains could get down to the valley quickly. But back then everyone drank alcohol as water often contained parasites which the alcohol killed so people have been drinking and skiing since the beginning of skiing.
WRONG-WRONG-WRONG. The first skiers were hunters. They used skis for their nomadic/hunter/gatherer life style. Dinking had nothing to do with the inventors of skiing.

Granite1

I sometimes miss the social / ritual aspect of safety meetings, but since legalization in Mass and Maine, I've 100% transitioned to edibles.

Hope Granite doesn't get offended by me eating a piece of chocolate on the Gondola
Then Why the fuck can I sit in the lodge at the top of a mountain, order a beer or two and ski down? Maybe you should find a ski resort that doesn't sell booze? In all my travels I've found one...Beaver mtn Utah.

I agree about what you said about smoking dope on the gondola though thats just rude. The woods are the proper place for that.
I never said anything about having a beer or two at the top of a mountain. What I have advocated is for drunks and druggies that are shit faced to stay off the mountain and not drive.

Granite1

Hope Granite doesn't get offended by me eating a piece of chocolate on the Gondola.
Do you eat edibles everyday? Do you eat edibles every night to sleep?

Granite1

Me taking a couple pokes in the woods does not=druggy
I never said it does. However, for those that take a couple of tokes on the morning drive to the ski area, a few more during the day? A drink or two or more while skiing? A few more tokes and some more drinks for après ski? They are shit faced-impaired-drunk/druggie types. Then they get up the next day and do it all over again.

snoseek

I never said it does. However, for those that take a couple of tokes on the morning drive to the ski area, a few more during the day? A drink or two or more while skiing? A few more tokes and some more drinks for après ski? They are shit faced-impaired-drunk/druggie types. Then they get up the next day and do it all over again.
Let's not forget the apres frat bro crowd though. You seem biased.

Last edited: