• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Advice on Used Ski Condition

pseast

Hi there,

I am looking into buying some used ski. The skis are 2019 model, so are not very old. Seller says there is some slight repaired damage. Though it looks to me that the damage hasn't been completely filled and there is still some edge exposed. Does anyone have a trained eye and have any advice on this judging by photos? Also, my boots are 27.5 mondo, would redrilling for bindings compromise the skis? The old drill holes for bindings have been plugged.

What seller says regarding damage:

"The skis I'm selling have only been skied five times (no more than 3 hours per session)... The bases have been stone ground after their last ski (ready for sale) and the skis have had a full tune. The only base damage (p-tex damage only, not a core-shot) has been professionally repaired and is shown in the photos. The skis have been mounted once with Salomon Shift bindings for a boot sole length (BSL) of 306mm. Only selling as I needed a longer size (which I now have)"

The photos:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Thanks for your help.

P

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Hi there,

I am looking into buying some used ski. The skis are 2019 model, so are not very old. Seller says there is some slight repaired damage. Though it looks to me that the damage hasn't been completely filled and there is still some edge exposed. Does anyone have a trained eye and have any advice on this judging by photos? Also, my boots are 27.5 mondo, would redrilling for bindings compromise the skis? The old drill holes for bindings have been plugged.

What seller says regarding damage:

"The skis I'm selling have only been skied five times (no more than 3 hours per session)... The bases have been stone ground after their last ski (ready for sale) and the skis have had a full tune. The only base damage (p-tex damage only, not a core-shot) has been professionally repaired and is shown in the photos. The skis have been mounted once with Salomon Shift bindings for a boot sole length (BSL) of 306mm. Only selling as I needed a longer size (which I now have)"

The photos:

View attachment 26586
View attachment 26587
View attachment 26588

Thanks for your help.

P

Remounting not an issue as long as existing holes don't conflict with new. Base repair, albeit not beautiful, is fine. :beer:

asnowmobiler

"The only base damage (p-tex damage only, not a core-shot) has been professionally repaired and is shown in the photos."
I would buy them if the price is right and then have the repair, repaired.

raisingarizona

Those things look mint to me!

I’m not a ski tune nazi though, we have soft snow out here and I don’t ski when it’s icy.

prsboogie

I wouldn't even think twice on those if the price is right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

pseast

Thanks for all the help.

I'll try to negotiate a good price. :)