• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Advice on Waterville and Tenney

hammer

I'll be heading to Waterville and Tenney next week and I've never been to either area. All family members are low to middle intermediates.

Any tips on making the best of a visit to either place would be appreciated...

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Tenney looks to be pretty hurt so far...listing at 27% open...are you getting a great deal on lift tickets?

I liked Tenney the few times I was there...mostly an intermediate Mountain, but it does look like the opened up some glade skiing since I was there last...most likely closed though

Waterville is very nice...in the middle of a National Forest...list at 2000 ft vert, but skis more like 1600 because of the summit. Nice Mountain though. The front blacks are usually groomed, so they get the black because of the steepness, but they're really not that bad, and the blue cruiser are usually pretty wide and gentle.

I see they moved the quad down from the summit, probably in an effort to prevent wind hold...If you must make a trip to the summit, make sure it's not windy.

Have fun

hammer

Brettski said:
Tenney looks to be pretty hurt so far...listing at 27% open...are you getting a great deal on lift tickets?
I bought up a few SkiNH passes at the beginning of the season (at $20 apiece), so the $$ are already spent. I don't plan on getting passes there again anytime soon, though...

airhed316

As long as you don't expect much, the Tenney experience won't let you down. Waterville has a good snowmaking system and took advantage of the past week and a half of cold days with little winds. Stay off the top and enjoy the cruisers.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
waterville is a mid-level intermediate's cruising dream if you don't mind lots of trails intersecting (read: not much individual trail character, imo). the low trail count is too bad, i wouldn't expect to have much fun on that limited amount of trails. waterville is best skied mid-week, it sure can get crowded. it's an okay mountain, nothing spectacular in my opinion but you will find a great variety and more open terrain than tenney.

hammer

riverc0il said:
waterville is a mid-level intermediate's cruising dream if you don't mind lots of trails intersecting (read: not much individual trail character, imo). the low trail count is too bad, i wouldn't expect to have much fun on that limited amount of trails. waterville is best skied mid-week, it sure can get crowded. it's an okay mountain, nothing spectacular in my opinion but you will find a great variety and more open terrain than tenney.
Thanks...I guess I'll have to get some Cannon passes for next year, right? :wink: