• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge: Loon Mountain

Greg

Staff member
salida said:
Sorry for my directness. I'll try harder next time to make the questions less offensive.
Directness is fine. However, I think it's best to leave opinions out of the questions though as they sort of lead the respondent in a particular direction (positive or negative). I'm guilty of it too with my first Sugarloaf question. This process is evolving and I think we're all on a learning curve...

Charlie Schuessler

A highly effective means when requesting information is to treat the proposed respondent, as you wish to be treated. This task is usually easier to complete in writing rather than verbally. Writing should permit pause for considerate thought collection (both the seeker and the respondent) and the courtesy of time to respond to thoughtful questions is always helpful. Being direct is neither rude nor inconsiderate if completed in a nice manner. And being polite is not a fault.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
thanks for the responses susan! glad to hear an official update on the expansion terrain. disappointed that it won't open this coming year. i keep seeing the trails when i drive home from cannon and want to check the new stuff out. looking forward to when it does.

interesting that loon is going for a bump run accessable from every chair lift. that would seem to indicate bump runs on blue and green terrain from the beginner chair lifts? this is an excellent idea and one i think other ski areas should adopt. any area trying to appeal to the most amount of people should have as many types of runs available from as many lifts as possible. :beer:

Actually, on an average snow year the glades are open most of the time.

i have not skied loon's glades, but would like some comments on this statement from those that have. "open most of the time" would seem to indicate better than 50% of the season, but there are very few ski areas that have glades open more than 50% of their operating days from my experiences. how are the glades any ways? do i owe myself a mid-week trip to check them out?

Charlie Schuessler

Glades Skiing @ Loon Mountian

Where ever you drop in, pick your line carefully....Sticks & Stones do break bones...depending on the snow, Bucksaw can fun or can be thin pickings. Anyway east of Walking Boss generally has better snow in April. I have not been in any of the other glades because they were closed. My son has played in Mike's way and he glowed about it (and to get him out of a "Pipe Park" is a chore). I'm already looking forward to opening day....hopefully a week or so before Thanksgiving, so the threedom pass payoff is before New Years.