• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Post your daily base area image here!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I agree people are reporting things, but it doesn't matter, ski resorts will not be shutting down again.
I disagree ,all It takes is one bureaucrat on a power trip to shut things down . If you have a problem with the way things are deal with management . Don't post shit deal with it personally .

gittist

I disagree ,all It takes is one bureaucrat on a power trip to shut things down . If you have a problem with the way things are deal with management . Don't post shit deal with it personally .
All it takes is "one bureaucrat" regardless of whether they're a zealot, on a power trip etc...

JimG.

Staff member
Totally agree Bob.

Unfortunately we live in a society that now discourages personal responsibility. So people post this crap online and hope the corona police notice.

My inclination is to lock this thread and eliminate it but I don't need the shitstorm that will ensue. If you have a problem with Vail deal with Vail.

Mainer

Have you tried to deal with vail. At least an hour on the phone just to talk to someone. If you harass them enough on social media, they will have to react. The new gm of attitash said in an interview he likes to check social media to see what people are feeling. It is shameful the way they are managing their northern nH resorts. Wildcat still has one run open, probably only resort in America without a green run open for Christmas week. Attitash has 5 mid mountain lifts that aren’t open this week. One green run for families without going on the triple. Vail is one of the biggest ski companies in the world. Keep on piling it on.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Totally agree Bob.

Unfortunately we live in a society that now discourages personal responsibility. So people post this crap online and hope the corona police notice.

My inclination is to lock this thread and eliminate it but I don't need the shitstorm that will ensue. If you have a problem with Vail deal with Vail.
I would be inclined to take my complaint to the mountain managers vs Corprate . Stress the point that you will have to be inducted into a witness protection program if YOUR mountain is the reason everyone gets shutdown . Every skier will know your name LOL

abc

Right, the only way we can have a season is to collude with the perpetrators to hide it from the authority! ;)

Welcome to the new reality.

JimG.

Staff member
Or you could vote with your dollars (the only vote that seems to matter in America) and NOT buy a Vail pass next season.

You buy cheap and vote for cheap, that's what you get.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I agree people are reporting things, but it doesn't matter, ski resorts will not be shutting down again.

Tahoe is closed to tourists and New Mexico shut down their resorts for a couple weeks in November/December.

Not to get political but if any state were to shutdown its resorts VT and NY would be some of the first to do so.