• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpinezone, You Got Served over on Snow Journal:

SkiDork

LMFAO-- Best post (and true-for which I accept some minimal responsibility) in this whole semi-moronic thread-- a thread I read and posted in nonetheless....priceless

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Greg

Staff member
Now why would I drive to sundown to get in a contest. I don't have anything against the hill. Now the CLITS that ski it thats another story!!!

And that part I really don't get.

tjf67

And that part I really don't get.

Cause you have been a douche bag to me since I have gotten on here. After watching your actions "sally" Is the best way to decribe you. Hey its your game. I have to tell you the people who you banned used to bring interesting stuff to here. Now you have a few people here and there but for the most part this place has turned into a train wreck. Good thing you sold it.

Greg

Staff member
Cause you have been a douche bag to me since I have gotten on here. After watching your actions "sally" Is the best way to decribe you. Hey its your game. I have to tell you the people who you banned used to bring interesting stuff to here. Now you have a few people here and there but for the most part this place has turned into a train wreck. Good thing you sold it.

Okay. Makes a ton of sense.

mondeo

Now now, don't be putting words in my mouth or be pretending to be a mind reader. I truly did me in general on all counts. See too much of this practice all over the place, actually there was a nice episode on South Park that brought this across very good.
Cripple Fight!!!

Greg

Staff member
That thread on SJ was locked. And you guys claim we over-moderate.... :roll:

drjeff

Would'nt the Olympics need to be held there to be a Olympic bump run? There would be 3 in the US then and none in CO.

Semantics here. Technically the only "Olympic" bump run in the US is/was at Deer Valley in 2002(only winter games held in the US since bumps have been a medal event - Lake Placid and Squaw were bump free). There are however lots, and lots of FIS certified bump runs in the US

mondeo

Semantics here. Technically the only "Olympic" bump run in the US is/was at Deer Valley in 2002(only winter games held in the US since bumps have been a medal event - Lake Placid and Squaw were bump free). There are however lots, and lots of FIS certified bump runs in the US
Different rules for FIS, WC, and Olympic runs. Any Olympic run can be a WC run, any WC run can be a FIS run, but not the other way around. The course on Conclusion at Killington is a FIS run (NORAMs,) but I'm not sure that it's long enough for WC or Olympics.

Greg

Staff member
No way for Jan., but I would like go to the spring one. I feel like I’d be a marked man there, but that’s ok. If we go there would some of you guys come up for a ADK comp at Gore or WF?

One year I entered the gore comp and they had no bumps. What kind of mogul comp has no moguls. I hope they have a decent bump run set up for it now.

No offense, HPD, but it really doesn't look like the Whiteface comp really has any bumps either:

HPD at the 2008 Apple Butter Open
IMG_1048.jpg

Contrast that with Sundown's...

madriverjack at the 2009 Bump or Bust III
3377416125_6de667dbb5_o.jpg

Now why would I drive to sundown to get in a contest. I don't have anything against the hill. Now the CLITS that ski it thats another story!!!

I ski to have fun. Some competition is super fun. Driving 5 hrs to a comp when i have world class hill 10 miles from my house makes no sense to me.

BTW Bumps have gotten smaller in the past ten years. Other than being a little flat that actually looks like a decent bump run. Get good on that and then come up and we can ski an olympic bump run on Wilderness with kickers and all and see if there is a differance.

You might want to drive 5 hours so you can enter a real contest. Flat? Gunny looks a helluva steeper than that Apple Butter trail. And isn't that Wilderness trail specifically for the world cuppers? Sorry, but your local's comp, in comparison to Sundown's, looks pretty lame:

Whiteface:
IMG_1035.jpg

Sundown:
3377421749_4fe97ba7ee_o.jpg

I am pretty certain there are rules on the pitch. I dont think Gunny could qualify. If BMMC is the bump event up here it is a joke. Just saying I am embarrased with the product supplied for that contest.

You're embarrassed by the other comps? :lol: Both lower Outer Limits (BMMC) and Gunbarrel (Sundown) are steeper than this and there are actual moguls, not slushy push piles:

IMG_1045.jpg

Just sayin'...