• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any good road stories lately?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
So the plow man shows up to the house yesterday and I ran out to move my car, so he could do an A#1 job. I pull it out to the now rather narrow snow-covered street (thank you Ullr!) to the side and wait for the plowing to be finished.

In the rearview mirror I noticed my neighbor in her Civcc tooling down the road at a good clip towards me. I keep watching, the plow pulls out, one last swipe. I look in the mirror again, the civic is now going sideways down the road, right at my butt. I throw it into gear and hit the gas, and a quick escape into the driveway. The plowman is on the other side of the road with his big blade pointing toward the sliding civic. Somehow, at the last minute, she rights the car and, without a blink, just passes the plow,, never stops to catch her breath and keeps going. I'm sure glad she's not a winter recreation fan!

cbcbd

Yeah, flipped a borrowed minivan on it's side on the Kanc and slid down 200' this past weekend. I guess that's the last of me making fun of others doing stupid shit on the road.

WJenness

Yeah, flipped a borrowed minivan on it's side on the Kanc and slid down 200' this past weekend. I guess that's the last of me making fun of others doing stupid shit on the road.

yeow... everyone okay? (other than the van)

-w

cbcbd

yeow... everyone okay? (other than the van)

-w
Yeah, it was just me driving. I was ok and completely did not expect that when the car started sliding towards the snowed up guardrail that instead of just riding along it's side the car would ride up the guardrail and flip the van on it's side. Stupid tall cars.

Glenn

Speaking of cops...

91 Southbound from the VT/MA boarder is frigging littered with cops! 9 times out of 10, they have someone with out of state plates pulled over. My radar detector is 10+ years old, but it's saved my arse more than once. I usually keep the speeds low and chug along in the right lane when returning from VT on a Sunday evening.

We were at Bromley last weekend, so we took 91 all the way from exit 6 in VT. I was amazed at the number of people the MA Staties had pulled over. We normally pick up 91 in Greenfield when we ski at Mt. Snow, , so we miss a lot of that action on 91.

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
driving to Greylock two weekends ago resulted in more minivan carnage...

normal_P1112580.jpg

spun two 360s about 10 minutes apart and hit the guardrail on the second 360. going about 10 miles an hour, but I still started spinning and didn't stop.Mass Pike was unplowed ugliness.