• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any stay and ski package deals on beginner level mountains?

Rb87

8 years ago I was informed of a stay and ski deal from a member on this forum at Smugglers Notch. It has gotten up to $850 for 4 person studio with (3) days lift tickets and (2) nights stay. Which is still a good deal. Looking for something similar.

Most comfortable on greens and blues. So I stick to Morse Mountain. As you can imagine this has gotten boring. I can ski that place blind folded. And the lifts are so slow. Looking for a change of pace.

Are there similar deals for another easy to ski mountain? Looking at doing a Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Not limited in my travels.

I was thinking Sunday River...Supposedly has 30% beginner friendly trails.

Sugarbush seems to have a ton of blues.

TL;DR -- Looking for advice on where to move onto next.. All I have skied has been Morse Mountain at Smugglers Notch. Bonus for having ski and stay deals.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Sunday River is a go-to affordable choice, and yes, fast lifts, good groomers, tons of greens and blues. Bretton Woods too I remember being pretty cheap and it has the reputation as the easiest major mountain in the east by a longshot.

Sugarbush is not affordable and is a very challenging mountain for anyone less than a true intermediate. Would not recommend at all. If you want VT, Killington always has some hotels within a 10 minute drive for pretty cheap. Not the best for intermediates though, but better than Sugarbush.

KustyTheKlown

sugarbush blues arent what you are after.

okemo is particularly easy skiing with fast lifts, tho your chances of a good deal are pretty low.

it doesn't get around the slow lifts, but why not try to ski the blues on madonna and sterling? smuggs is awesome and you've barely scratched the surface.

Bosco DaSkia

You should check out Titus. One of the biggest beginner areas around. Decent ski n stay deals in either the hotel they own in town or their sweet slopeside chalets.

CC946C72-44F6-4478-9E4A-D878A10173E8.jpeg

683FB8DA-561C-40A5-86D6-0786FA5728CC.jpeg

https://www.titusmountain.com/

A21CA6FD-AF97-4FFB-B633-08ACADBA4CA4.jpeg

Short lines, and no crowds, and Fridays you’ll have the whole upper Mountain to yourself.

C23561CC-837C-4C4C-B01C-61C046D2618A.jpeg

9A05CFEA-B647-4D17-8883-9B0D99A8FF09.jpeg

fact.

Last edited:

Rb87

sugarbush blues arent what you are after.

okemo is particularly easy skiing with fast lifts, tho your chances of a good deal are pretty low.

it doesn't get around the slow lifts, but why not try to ski the blues on madonna and sterling? smuggs is awesome and you've barely scratched the surface.
I see madonna and sterling from afar and it looks scary.

Edd

Bretton Woods is a very good suggestion, as the skiing goes. Ski and stay deals, I'm uncertain about. They have the Mt Washington Hotel, which is expensive, but also have a more basic hotel, too. It's worth a call.

Edit: Cranmore too, actually.

Last edited: