• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone else want this snow gone?

mlctvt

I've got a big group of people I ride with. The ones that don't ski are really bitching this year about the snow / weather. Just this week I received a bunch of emails from the complainers.
Don't worry, unfortunately for most of us on this site it'll happen too soon.

dlague

I road and mountain bike but i rather be skiing so I will take more snow or a very gradual warm up with cold nights!

dlague

True! I usually ride during lunch though. Even during the Winter if the roads are fairly dry that is. Coldest day road biking 23 degrees - I figured if I ski in those temps I can ride! Only takes a couple of miles to heat up to where you are comfortable!

Euler

I'm doing a little rain dance right now, it seems to be working. Got back from Tahoe last week to a considerable amount of snow...got here too early. I want this snow gone, I want to ride asap. A little snow in the mtns would be ok but this southern ne shit needs to melt and dry. Soon enough.

Anyone else stoked on the melt?
no

bvibert

Staff member
Still not wishing for the snow to melt... but the MTB itch is starting to grow...

I guess I'm indifferent to the local snow at this point...

bvibert

Staff member
Is the bike ready to go or in pieces?

It's neither ready to go, or in pieces. It's in the same exact state as it was in when I finished my last ride. I've been working 65-70+ hours a week since then, not much time for much else. I can't wait for that to end and going back to 40 hours/week... which I guess in a way means I want the snow to be gone too.. ;)

o3jeff

It's neither ready to go, or in pieces. It's in the same exact state as it was in when I finished my last ride. I've been working 65-70+ hours a week since then, not much time for much else. I can't wait for that to end and going back to 40 hours/week... which I guess in a way means I want the snow to be gone too.. ;)

When do they swtich to just weekend operation?

bvibert

Staff member
Is it snowing there now?

No, but it snowed Monday into Tuesday. It would be dumb to close a ski area on a snow day... Now that we're open for the week we'll stay open, it's less confusing that way...

BackLoafRiver

I'm in no rush to end skiing but definitely looking forward to post- work rides either on the mtb or road bike. Until this last storm, we were poised to start road riding this week. Now it will take a while to get them in shape. Bike all week, ski all weekend. So looking forward to it

boston_e

I'm not nececarially wanting the snow gone, but when it does go, I'll be equally psyched for some mountain biking, surfing and fishing!

bvibert

Staff member
Okay, now that Sundown is done on Saturday I'm ready for the CT snow to be gone! Gotta get some sun to dry the trails out...

drjeff

I'd be fine if about a month ago, all the snow SOUTH of the Mass Pike was gone! Being purely selfish, heck if it never snowed South of the Mass Pike with the exception of a few days around Christmas time and in the immediate vicinity of ski areas South of the Pike during the rest of the winter, I'd be fine with that!

snoseek

Got my bike back today.....new everthing, rides so nice...no more avid brakes!!!
Just did a quick after work night spin after work, skiing sun/mon, back to after work rides tuesday. I love this time of year!