• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arapahoe Basin, CO 10/21/12

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got out for the first day of the season! A-Basin has been open since last Wednesday. Took the opportunity that CO had provided us with beautiful weather this weekend (mid 50's-60's) and went dirt-biking Saturday, skiing Sunday.

Skiing wasn't bad, we got there about noon. 20 minute wait for just the one trail open, a little ice in the shade but really well covered, skied about like you'd expect for October 21st. Took out the tele's, legs felt pretty good. Trails were a bit packed so you had to definitely be aware of your surroundings. Took 4 runs, then called it for some beers. Felt great to be out. Looking forward to some more snow and the season to really pick up!

Dirt biking Saturday (Tiger Rd/Breckenridge):
lots of snow on the trails
IMG_0945.JPG

look out (Breck in the back)
IMG_0946.JPG

Skiing Sunday (A Basin) vdk03 and I. HAPPY!:-D
IMG_0943.jpg

INSTAGRAAAAAAM. The quad taking us to mid mountain and just the one trail open on the left
IMG_0944.JPG

bzrperfspec77

Nice, getting more acclamated to the bike!? Here in the northeast, riding in the winter/snow/ice is some of the best riding!

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice, getting more acclamated to the bike!? Here in the northeast, riding in the winter/snow/ice is some of the best riding!

Yeah! I have been getting more confident each time I take it out. I am always hesitant because I am riding with people who have much more experience than me, and being on the snow was definitely intimidating... i slipped out a few times... ha! but it was a lot of fun and definitely a confidence booster. It's been one of the best sports I've picked up in awhile.. and a hell of a workout!