• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

As of Right Now....

canobie#1

Killington
Wildcat
Sunday River
Okemo
Sugarbush
Sugarloaf
Stowe
have all started

Loon is planning on starting today..

VTKilarney

I'm surprised that Okemo has started. The forecast is still pretty marginal and they are pretty far south.

Bretton Woods is considering blowing snow mid-week, although the forecast may not work in their favor.

bobbutts

Okemo actually opens pretty early, so they're not just messing around like some of the places on the list (Stowe, Bush, Loaf, Cat probably). Also the temps/humidity looks good their elevation and latitude for the immediate future.

Savemeasammy

I wonder how much of this is just stockpiling for Thanksgiving, and how much is an attempt to open ASAP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would guess somewhere in between. Thanksgiving is pretty late this year. I would think all areas that have started will be trying to open by the 22nd at the latest; K and SR obviously going for ASAP opening.

steamboat1

Okemo is planning a Nov 15 opening. Stowe will open a week later Nov.22. Not sure what Okemo will be operating early season since their new chair isn't scheduled to be ready until mid Dec.

bobbutts

Okemo is planning a Nov 15 opening. Stowe will open a week later Nov.22. Not sure what Okemo will be operating early season since their new chair isn't scheduled to be ready until mid Dec.

Good point.. I've always enjoyed early season at Okemo mainly because that's a superior lift/trail IMO. With it not available, things definitely change.

xwhaler

Okemo will run the Sachem to Glades quads until the new 6 pack is ready. Maybe green ridge also

VTKilarney

For location alone, I'm surprised that Jay Peak is not on this list.

Is anyone in Quebec blowing snow?

VTKilarney

I'd like to know not just who opened first, but of the ski areas that do open on Monday, or a day or two later, who really had the best product. The biggest factor to me would be not having to walk.

canobie#1

Wildcat plans to open newt weekend. They're almost finished on Upper Lynx. They will blast up top until the temps drop. Once the weather comes back later this week, they will blast on the lower mountain and hopefully open on Saturday.

steamboat1

Wildcat plans to open newt weekend. They're almost finished on Upper Lynx. They will blast up top until the temps drop. Once the weather comes back later this week, they will blast on the lower mountain and hopefully open on Saturday.
Stowe's already blowing at the bottom.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo_gallery_image_13.jpg
    photo_gallery_image_13.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 375