• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ southern outing

What mountain for the southern outing?

• Jiminy Peak

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Mt. Snow

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Hunter

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Berkshire East

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

loafer89

Hunter is now too far from my house:sad: but any of the other mountains listed would be fine. I voted for Berkshire East, but they are only worth it if the natural snowfall ever comes around, or else Mount Snow would be a better pick.

bvibert

Staff member
I'd like to hit BEast again, hopefully with good snow this time though. I'd also like to finally try Jiminy, so either of those would work for me. Hunter is good too, but it's a haul for some folks, the other choices seem more centralized.

2knees

i'd vote for magic or berkshire east. but i'll do whatever you guys decide on.

MarkC

Whatever day we decide to go I am sure we will get a good 30" dump so my vote will have to be bobcat.:daffy:

Grassi21

Jiminy is my first choice. BEast is a close second.

Grassi21

Sneax or Magic. 'Cause I'm cheap and have passes there.

Good point. I have a free mid-week pass to Snow. And since my planned first visit to snow was cancelled... I'm up for whatever.

zook

I'm good with either one of those. Jiminy and Hunter are probably closer to me.

I also have a mid-week ticket to Mt. Snow so that would be nice to use :)

Greg

Staff member
BEast has been a gathering spot for two years running and works out great for CT and Eastern Mass folks, but not so good for NY folks. BEast really shines when there is a lot of natural; otherwise Jiminy is a better choice. Snow might be doable for more folks in Northern NE as well. All in all, I really don't care and would ski any of them. The bigger question is a weekday or a weekend? If a Saturday, I'm likely out. Sundays are a bit better and Fridays are the best for me.

Grassi21

BEast has been a gathering spot for two years running and works out great for CT and Eastern Mass folks, but not so good for NY folks. BEast really shines when there is a lot of natural; otherwise Jiminy is a better choice. Snow might be doable for more folks in Northern NE as well. All in all, I really don't care and would ski any of them. The bigger question is a weekday or a weekend? If a Saturday, I'm likely out. Sundays are a bit better and Fridays are the best for me.

I like Fridays. Its usually quiet before lunch and the wife won't get on my case because she will be working anyway. If we are shooting for a weekend, Sunday would be better.

Greg

Staff member
I shouls also mention that we already had a HUGE Hunter gathering this season so while that went over well, it might be nice to try a new place. I'm up for Magic as well.

JimG.

Staff member
I shouls also mention that we already had a HUGE Hunter gathering this season so while that went over well, it might be nice to try a new place. I'm up for Magic as well.

I'd go for Magic...or Hunter.

bvibert

Staff member
The bigger question is a weekday or a weekend? If a Saturday, I'm likely out. Sundays are a bit better and Fridays are the best for me.

Same here...

Good point. I'd also like to hit Magic again, hopefully after some good snow fall.

2knees

yeah magic is only worth it with some natural but....... Redline would bring out the
huckelberries in all of us. make for a fun day for sure!

Greg

Staff member
yeah magic is only worth it with some natural but....... Redline would bring out the
huckelberries in all of us. make for a fun day for sure!
Hmmm.....Redline:

Dsc06006.jpg

Never skied it. Didn't have the balls, nor probably the skills to try it the one time I was there. I might give it a whirl now...

2knees

and who's gonna sack up and ski blackline? never done it myself. not that there is any snow around but i can dream.......

Status
Not open for further replies.