• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Balaclava recommendations?

Edd

I've got one of those Seirus balaclavas you see everywhere. I generally wear it when it's under 25 degrees and with the mask down. Works great....except those days once or twice a year when I put the facemask up because it's truly cold.

The problem is the material just outside of the eyes sort of widens out, exposing skin that goggles aren't wide enough to cover. I can work with it and fold it in but it doesn't always stay which is potentially nasty if I don't notice it for awhile.

I plan to ski Tuesday and Wednesday and the temps are forecasted to be brutal. Can anyone recommend a balaclava without this issue? I already wear a small/medium size and it fits decently in every other way.

Warp Daddy

Polar Wrap heat exchanger balaclava , i own 2 of them use them at Tremblant have been out last yearwith -75 below zero windchill.

These are bulletproof under a helmet and the heat exchanger warms the outside air before youtake it in your lungs . warning they ARE not cheap , but i never leave myhome without it in my boot bag,